Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:24:16 AM EDT
Centerfiresystems sells Star AR's. They worth a damn, or are they some import knockoff? The price really isnt much less then a Buhsy or Armalite so if quality is questionable I certainly dont have a problem upgrading. Its just Cneterfire has my FFL on file which saves a day or 3 and cuts down on paperwork.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC Star AR-15's are produced by J&T with "Mil Spec" parts.  I have not fired any of the Star ifles, but judging by the look and the great experience I've had with J&T in th epast I think they should be a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
DoubleStar Inc is located here in Winchester KY.  I have 2 DPMS, a RRA and 2 DoubleStars.  Fit/Finish on the DoubleStars are perfect (much better than the DPMS, on par with RRA) and haven't had a problem with either of them yet.  Owned them for about 2 yrs and several thousand rounds through each.  Neither have chrome lined barrels, but that doesn't bother me much.

I believe KYTechMike is correct about the J&T parts, except for the guts--they're all Colt IIRC.  The only thing I don't like about 'em is the goofy DoubleStar logo on the lower receiver
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I too have a double star AR.  I love the finish and overall quality of the rifle.  Accuracy is great.  My only complaint is the trigger.  Other than that, I wouldn't give it up!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
If the price was close to a Bushie, I would go that route.  Nothing wrong with J&T, but Bushie makes a very solid product.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll stick with Bushies or Colts and to a lesser extent Armalite and RRA.  Chrome lined bores are a must for me.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#6]
So I'd have no problems picking one up and then later on if I was so inclined dropping a different upper on it (6.8, longer barrel etc) and not have to worry about strange specs not matching or anything of that nature?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll stick with Bushies or Colts and to a lesser extent Armalite and RRA.  Chrome lined bores are a must for me.  

They sell chrome bores and chrome moly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Centerfiresystems sells Star AR's. They worth a damn, or are they some import knockoff? The price really isnt much less then a Buhsy or Armalite so if quality is questionable I certainly dont have a problem upgrading. Its just Cneterfire has my FFL on file which saves a day or 3 and cuts down on paperwork.
Thanks

They are great!!!!  A word of advice.  Buy the stripped lower from Centerfire, go to www.j&tdistribution and get prices on uppers.  Then make what you want!!  You wont regret it.  Go to Industry section and IM Jesse.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Appreciate all the replies fellas. Hell, sometimes I think you guys might know what your talkin about....

edit: Is that the right link? I get www.j&tdistribution cannot be found (Course, my PC has been runnin funky so I wouldnt rule it out)

*edit again*
Got it http://www.jtdistributing.com/
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Try www.j&tdistributing.com and www.star15.com   Great folks!!  Great rifles and great service!!

Sorry about the typo!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Give em a call at 859-745-1757 and get a catalog.  It has more in it.  You would be surprised by all the lil black play purties they have in stock.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Give em a call at 859-745-1757 and get a catalog.  It has more in it.  You would be surprised by all the lil black play purties they have in stock.

My wallet would not be thanking me for doing that.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top