Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2008 12:01:05 AM EDT
I know that stainless steel cases, 7.62 NATO, have been made before.

I would like to get my hands on a 5.56 or 7.62 cartridge. Loaded or empty, makes no
difference.

Just want to add to a growing collection of "stuff".

If you have any leads, let me know.

Also, any useful info would be appreciated  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Its not the Nickel plated silver coloured cases you are looking for?
They are not so uncommon, I have seen a lot of .223 in the past
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#2]
No, not the Nickel plated brass/steel cases.

Actual stainless steel cases.

Since there are so few replies, I am guessing that this will be a very hard find.

I'm sure someone out there knows what I'm talking about  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont think Actual stainless steel cases exist  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Here is a link to a PDF about the Army trying to develop lightweight stainless steel cases in 7.62x51

www.dtic.mil/ndia/2007smallarms/5_8_07/Sadowski_Leng.pdf
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have/had a stainless 9mm bullet. Well, I say stainless, the bullet was HARD (could not be scratched with other copper projectiles), and I noticed spots of rust on it, it was silver in color. THe case was brass. I don't know where it went to, but I set it aside as a curiosity at the time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is a link to a PDF about the Army trying to develop lightweight stainless steel cases in 7.62x51

www.dtic.mil/ndia/2007smallarms/5_8_07/Sadowski_Leng.pdf

That is the stainless 7.62 I was referring to.

I was curious if any made their way onto the market.

They would certainly be a unique specimen.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have/had a stainless 9mm bullet. Well, I say stainless, the bullet was HARD (could not be scratched with other copper projectiles), and I noticed spots of rust on it, it was silver in color.
Doesn't sound like it would be very good for the barrel...
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have/had a stainless 9mm bullet. Well, I say stainless, the bullet was HARD (could not be scratched with other copper projectiles), and I noticed spots of rust on it, it was silver in color. THe case was brass. I don't know where it went to, but I set it aside as a curiosity at the time.

I am guessing that was not stainless steel.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am guessing that was not stainless steel.

It was silver for killing warewolves.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top