Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 9:02:35 AM EDT
I m looking into getting a project going.  Crusing around I noticed Stag Arms.  After chatting to a few dudes they told me Stag makes lowers for some of the "big names" out there.  Any one know if there is any valitity to this statement? Thanks in advance.

Tiggy
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone told me they (stag) are connected to Rock river in some way, I have no idea if they really are but they seem to have a good reputation and the only complaints I've seen are from people that don't like the deer logo.  Welcome
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Stag/CMT make excellent, high quality parts, buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]
one of the best lowers made.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]
CMT/ Stag Arms makes high quality parts that large and brand name makers are using like, Colt, RRA, Noveske, etc.

They have a very good reputation here and a lot of members concurs with their high quality.

CMT website link
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I have heard nothing but good things about Stag Arms (sister company of CMT).  In fact I am looking for a Stag Arms stripped receiver in the near future.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Stag is about the best you will find.  My Stag lower is leaps and bounds ahead of my Bushmaster in terms of finish.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]
best LPK out there dont care for the lowers because of the damn deer head, however i just bought one of the lowers denny at GTS is having made for him by stag. IMO these deserve a second look
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Stag/CMT make excellent, high quality parts, buy with confidence.

+1

nice dark finish too
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I just finished my first STAG build and am very impressed with the upper and lower fit.
I've built several AR's of other makes and this was one of, if not the best .

lineman
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#10]
As said above, They make Top Notch Stuff.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#11]
The 20" Stag complete upper I purchased is nowhere close to quality of the Sabre defence upper I used for my first build. The inside of the upper reciever is not completly parkerized with several large bare spots, the upper lugs are off about .015 causing it to not line up evenly with the sides of the lower. The carrier key hits the gas tube a bit. They don't stake their carrier keys very well. They also didn't use an F size FSB so I had to buy a taller front sight post even though the detachable carry handle came with the upper.  That being said it does shoot well after a bit of breaking in so I'll keep it as is unless it has problems later on.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Great product!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of their STAG-15L uppers and it is great.  The only thing I had any
issues with was the charging handle which was thinner than the BM ones I have
and the finish on it wasn't as good as the rest of the upper.  It showed wear marks
just from manually cycling the action without ever having fired a round.
The FSB was the correct 'F' marked one on mine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Stag Has the best quality stuff out there, in my book nothing compares to there quality!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top