Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 7:17:51 AM EST
Hey gang - I'm new to the forum and have an issue with a Bushmaster XM15-E2S I just bought. Everytime I fire it it feels extremely springy - I have a solid/standard buttstock on this weapon. I then shot a buddy's Colt with adj. folding stock and it had zero bounce/springy-ness to it.

My question (if anyone might know) is do I need to replace the buttstock or the spring unit itself to get rid of this?

Thanks!
Alex
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:42:25 AM EST
One of my AR's is a Bushmaster XM15-E2S. The gun shoots great, but it started to feel a bit "loose" after the first 500 rounds. A friend of mine recommended buying and inserting an Ar15/M16 Accu-Wedge (Bushmaster part # ACU1B) in my lower receiver. I put one in and the gun feels a lot more solid when I shoot it. Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:45:42 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:47:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By Nolewarrior:
Hey gang - I'm new to the forum and have an issue with a Bushmaster XM15-E2S I just bought. Everytime I fire it it feels extremely springy - I have a solid/standard buttstock on this weapon. I then shot a buddy's Colt with adj. folding stock and it had zero bounce/springy-ness to it.

My question (if anyone might know) is do I need to replace the buttstock or the spring unit itself to get rid of this?

Thanks!
Alex

Springy?

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:47:48 AM EST
The sproingy noise/feel is good. It's an empty mag indicator. Not really but don't let it worry you.

Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:00:32 AM EST
I have the same problem with my bushmaster dissipator with the A2 stock. It's kind of annoying but I haven't had any malfunctions that I can remotely relate to that problem.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:47:53 AM EST
My tele-stocks make less spring noise than my A2 stocks. I miss it. I wish I could make the tele-stocks more noisy. It's good to know went I'm out of ammo!
Top Top