Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 10:05:58 PM EDT
Is it any good? where can i find some online?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I've read here the supply has pretty much dried up and will not be replenished.

Shabo
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
As Shabo said, the SA surplus, which was execellent, has pretty much dried up. However, the SA commercial which is also excellent and only slightly more expensive, is available from www.jgsales.com.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked some up at a local Fun Show.  The guy was from Ny, and I only picked up 600 rounds.  I guess I should have picked up more.  I will have to call him and pick some more up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try [url=http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=44716]Sportsman's Guide[/url]

It's supposed to be available September 22nd. The price seems to go up every week as all the ammo-whores from this forum seem to be buying it all. Not that *I* would do such a thing.... [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Try [url=http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=44716]Sportsman's Guide[/url]

It's supposed to be available September 22nd. The price seems to go up every week as all the ammo-whores from this forum seem to be buying it all. Not that *I* would do such a thing.... [}:D]
View Quote

Wow, did it go up! I got my tubs for $309 each, I think. I am still holding my breath on whether or not it will ship on the 22nd...
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Wow, did it go up! I got my tubs for $309 each, I think. I am still holding my breath on whether or not it will ship on the 22nd...
View Quote

Well, I just ordered 1200 rounds so I too can sit and wait.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know if sportsman's guide will charge my credit card today if I order a few battlepacks? I hate the thought of paying now and not having the stuff show up before christmas.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if sportsman's guide will charge my credit card today if I order a few battlepacks? I hate the thought of paying now and not having the stuff show up before christmas.
View Quote

They won't bill until it ships.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the SA Denel good ammo?  I think that is the commercial SA.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:55:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Commercial PMP SA comes with the gazelle on the box. This ammo is loaded a little lighter than the surplus ammo available.  

The sealed battle packs is the Mil surplus ammo, and is good plinking ammo.  I have shot cases of the stuff, with the average group around 1 1/2" (same as xm193)

The only drawback is that it is berdan primered; so don't plan on reloading the brass.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]
is that a typo on the deal for 2 packs... $70 for 600 rounds...thats cheaper than buying a whole tub and only 11.7 cents a round...if i wasnt broke and working on student loans i would have to load up for a rainy day or invasion by little green men.

also whats the deal with Sept 22...are they gettin a shipment in from africa or what???
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
is that a typo on the deal for 2 packs... $70 for 600 rounds...thats cheaper than buying a whole tub and only 11.7 cents a round...if i wasnt broke and working on student loans i would have to load up for a rainy day or invasion by little green men.

also whats the deal with Sept 22...are they gettin a shipment in from africa or what???
View Quote

Good point on the 2 packs deal.  I did the math also and you are 100% correct.

I loaded up on two packs also.  Plus if you use their discount codes you probably knock off the shipping cost.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top