Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 7:52:47 AM EDT
I've been throwing out some feelers and Googling but I'm having a hard time trying to find a source for these snap hooks - just the hooks.  I read the "Build your own sling" thread and had some ideas on some slings of my own, but a few would need the snap hooks and the HK hooks look to be the best style out there.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Look here.  While they are not "just the hooks", its pretty simple to dissassemble the sling.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Look here.  While they are not "just the hooks", its pretty simple to dissassemble the sling.  

Cool.  Anybody want to buy a half dozen or so leather slings - uhhhmmm, errrrrrrrr - without the snap hook??
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#3]
It may not be what your looking for, but they carry almost everything else you might need.

nexus.com
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Adrenaline ARms in the EE sells HK snap on hooks. Bought 10 from him.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:17:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought the Tapco slings too a while back.  Just modded one of them into a key clip for work.  The clips have significant finish wear, but the springs on mine are strong.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quality wise, the cetme ones are pretty rough.  The adrenaline arms ones are better but they don't seem to be as strong or as high quality as the ones that come on Eagle slings.  Not sure about the blackhawk ones, never have handled them.  I have been using an adrenaline arms hook on a grsc carbine buffer lock plate and so far it has held up.  The lock plate wore all the finished off the hook pretty quick, but doesn't seem to have cut into the hook too much.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The ones at DSG Arms look like they are Aluminum.  I can get HK hooks locally at Tactical Tailor for $1.50, but they are also aluminum.  They work ok, but get pretty beat up by the single point sling mount in a hurry.  I've not yet found a source for steel snap hooks other than taking them off G3 slings.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:43:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had a few dealings with Treetop a few times without issue.  Based strictly on price I got a handful from RustyTX and he did me good also.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top