User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2004 7:18:41 AM EDT
Ok people of the AR15 community,

Let’s all start the New Year, having a change in the tone of this site.

Respect for others choice in which AR type gun to own is a good thing, and should be encouraged. Variety is the spice of life. We all have our comfort zone based on what we know and have been exposed to. We may know more than the next person about this subject, but that doesn’t make their choice any less important to them. People have pride in what they choose to own.  We all work hard for our money and like to think we have spent it wisely.

Spouting off that one gun company is better than another is just bad PR, and makes the said person look foolish. We should all be happy we live in a country of such choices, and come together in the enjoyment/addiction of shooting.

Once someone has used every different type of AR and all the accessories made for these guns, in every different type of manner possible, then and only then can they tell you which is the best for them. Not you.

My favorite is Colt.

I am anxious to hear what is your favorite, and why. I can always stand to learn something new, because God knows I don’t know it all.

Just a start for the New Year, take it for what it’s worth.

All my best to you and your choice! Keep it coming!

God Bless.

David.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
+1
I can't agree more...
These are the glory days of the black rifle.  never in the 45+ years has so much innovation been done in so short amount of time to improve the AR15; and to empty our wallets ( )

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I like any black rifle.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I like any black rifle.

+1, if it goes bang 99.9% of the time (rifle is made by man, so it can't be perfect), I love whichever black rifle :)
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
+1
I can't agree more...
These are the glory days of the black rifle.  never in the 45+ years has so much innovation been done in so short amount of time to improve the AR15; and to empty our wallets ( )

You hit the nail right on the head. Due to the wars, and how Special Forces are using special equipment for the rifle, the mall ninja consumer wants to replicate that and thus the market for aftermarket accessories opens up big time. $$$$$$$$$

If everyone were using .177 lever action Crossman BB guns in Iraq, rest assured everyone stateside will be wanting that special modification the SEALs are using.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
My favorite is Bush Master. ( but it doesn't mean that I don't like any others)

I made the decision to go with Bushmaster. Since I’d save a few $$ and I've heard lot of good thing about bushmaster rifles. I'm still new to AR so I really don't know much about it, wait until I own about 3 or 4 more . But I'm glad that I'm here in the U.S where I could legally bear arms and go to the range shoot targets.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
HEH... there are AR's... that are practical... and AR's that are not...
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a bushmaster, but would feel equal with other brands too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The point is, as long as you are happy with it.

Don't insult someone else's choice, based on your selection.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If people read this and nothing else, it would be worth it.

Hope you had a good Christmas, and the Stick family wishes you a Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Great point and well said.

I almost stopped going to this website because of rude people with nothing else to do but say things on their computer that they didn't have the balls to say to anyone in person.

I see other newbies sometimes get treated like idiots too, and it is a sad commentary on the shooting community that some folks feel that they have to tear someone less experienced down to build themselves up.

There are far more folks here with good info and the willingness to help. Maturity of character makes a person want to help others. Therefore, I stuck around. Glad I did. Everytime I have a question, people jump right in and help me out, despite not being an expert on ARs (that's WHY I have questions).

Much thanks to all that have given me good advice. I am officially "addicted" and can't wait to deck out my first AR with plenty of goodies that you all have helped me select.

I hope this gets tacked so EVEN PEOPLE WITH 14,000 POSTS will read this and decide to act like adults instead of shitbirds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]
The best motorcycle AR in the world is the one YOU OWN!
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#12]
+1000!!!

I was a little hesitant to dive into discussions on these boards because of all the rancor and venom people were spouting, mostly about "Brand A beats the crap out of Brand B, and Brand B users suck!"  Not necessary, and not worth my time to even read.  But the bulk of the traffic here IS worthwhile, so if we can all be civil, maybe we can spread the word on what we like and don't like, and all "just  get along."
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ok people of the AR15 community,

Let’s all start the New Year, having a change in the tone of this site.

Respect for others choice in which AR type gun to own is a good thing, and should be encouraged. Variety is the spice of life. We all have our comfort zone based on what we know and have been exposed to. We may know more than the next person about this subject, but that doesn’t make their choice any less important to them. People have pride in what they choose to own.  We all work hard for our money and like to think we have spent it wisely.

Spouting off that one gun company is better than another is just bad PR, and makes the said person look foolish. We should all be happy we live in a country of such choices, and come together in the enjoyment/addiction of shooting.

Once someone has used every different type of AR and all the accessories made for these guns, in every different type of manner possible, then and only then can they tell you which is the best for them. Not you.

My favorite is Colt.

I am anxious to hear what is your favorite, and why. I can always stand to learn something new, because God knows I don’t know it all.

Just a start for the New Year, take it for what it’s worth.

All my best to you and your choice! Keep it coming!

God Bless.

David.

My favorite is vintage Colt's, nothing like them.

In the past 10 years, I've, split my purchases between Colt and Bushmaster.

BTW, Great Post!

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My favorite is Colt.

I have no favorites.

I only have companies I do not trust (i.e. Hesse / Vulcan).
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm new to posing here, but not new to reading here.  I couldn't agree more with the origional (as well as additional) post(s).  I have read alot of  "silly" questions & alot of "good" questions over the past 4-5 months I have been lurking.  More than less there have been decent answers.  BUT, there are always those occasional few who think they are "AR GODS"".  I think that the olny person who knows everything about the AR-15/M-16 family would have to be Stoner himself!!

I admit I have a hot head & can go off from time to time, but I still stand by the old antage my Drill instructor had told us on day one of boot camp:  

"The only stupid question is one that isn't asked, And that doesn't make the question stupid.  It makes the person stupid for not asking.  But don't ask me, I am not running a company full of idiots".

As long as there is an answer....  ASK.  I know I will be asking & hopefully answering to the best of "my" knowledge.

Coffee

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Cannot agree with all of you more.  As you can see, I do not post much on this site although I have been a member for several years.  Unfortunately, most of my posts were met with disdain for my choice of AR (DPMS), which was all I could afford at the time.  Then I saved up enough money for a BM but was not satisfied with the quality so I refused to buy it.  After recounting my experience on this forum, I got the hellhounds unleashed on me.
I will never bash another’s choice of AR.  If I had the money, I would own one of each.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been blasted for buying an A2. Whatever, that's what I wanted. Does this mean no one will make fun of my Ruger pistol.

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I've been blasted for buying an A2. Whatever, that's what I wanted. Does this mean no one will make fun of my Ruger pistol.

www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/files/Self-portraits/p94.jpg

Having a joke with us laughing with you is always fun.

Attacking, insulting, belittling, laughing at someone because of something different. Is not
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I agree, and I'll probably start a flame war for saying this. I've been visiting this site since 1997 or 1998. I've learned a lot of valuable information from the site. I've bantered back and forth with a few interesting folks. I based my decision to buy a Bushmaster after reading and listening to what others had to say about the various manufactures. I'm not partial to one brand over another and I just want something that makes ME happy. That being said, I just bought a Colt 6920 today because it is what I wanted. Did I pay more for it than the Bushmaster? Hell yeah! Was it worth it? Hell no. I like the fact that Colt makes a pretty decent copy of a real M4. I don't like Colt's policy towards civilians, and I don't think the name is worth the extra price over the other brands. The finish is sub par to my Bushmaster, and it has some nasty tool marks on it. I wanted the LEO markings. Does it make it worth more or collectable-- I doubt it. I don't even know why these silly markings make a difference to me, I just know that if I bought another Bushmaster I probably would always be thinking in the back of my mind that I should have bought the Colt. At least now I can compare the two brands side by side and speak from personal experience.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm inclined to agree that a civil tone is necessary in these forums.  But free discourse IS what it's all about.  I want to hear others opinions.  I'll sort out what opinion is based on fact or on some less concrete bias.  I want to read and learn as much as possible here.  There is no reason for personal insults but as to your opinions about probucts, materials, methods, ammo, etc......blast away.  

I, for one, want to hear it.h.gif
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.  Except for those assclown morons who pay extra for a little picture of a prancing pony.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#22]
well said, Spooge.

and I also plan to take up your pledge regarding a man's (or woman's) choice in firearms, or accessories, or what they paid for them.

These are the good ole' days- right now- and we should celebrate them in a positive light while they last.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#23]
+1

I like rock river arms...only because I have one and it shoots great with zero malfunctions. Thats what matters to me. I do plan on trying some more brands in the future so I am not really biased on brands. Only reason I will probably stay away from colt is because of the price.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#24]
This is exactly why I don't post much, just reading and skipping over all the B.S. that gets flung around.  I own an Olympic Arms PCR-4 and I just had to replace my first part in over 6,000 rounds, a broken ejector spring, you can't complain about that kind of reliability.....
oh yeah, edited to add, it was a kit.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I like all brands, even the airsoft ones.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.  Except for those assclown morons who pay extra for a little picture of a prancing pony.

Well this bound to happen I guess.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Does this mean that I can actually post that I own and like an Oly without being called  "poser" or "Oly dork", or just plain "idiot"?

If we keep up this kind of tolerance, I'll soon be able to admit that I shoot Wolf ammo too!  
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The best motorcycle AR in the world is the one YOU OWN!

DAMN!!!  Beat me to it.....

That said, my Bushmaster Dissy and my Eagle Arms 20" A2 are not only my favorites because I own them but also because I built (assembled?) them!  Definitely something to be said for a home-built unit to instill a little pride!

M590man
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.  Except for those assclown morons who pay extra for a little picture of a prancing pony.hr

Well this bound to happen I guess.hinking.gif

Spooge5150

Don't sweat it; there are those of us that get it and those that never will.  I would be willing to bet that a lot of the people who visit this site will never be heard from, but would agree with you.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#30]
great idea.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I like all brands, even the airsoft ones.

I agree with the whole concept of a more civil board here, but I will still bash on airsofters, just so none of you are surprised when I do.

Personally, since I build everything I shoot, I like Colt barrels and bolts - Bushmasters will do nicely when I can't get a Colt.  

I like Colt small parts, but RRA does nicely when Colt isn't available.  

I like Bushmaster lowers, I've tried others and haven't been impressed.  

I like DD FF tubes - there may be better, but not that much better to force me to change.  

I like Leupold scopes - there are better, but I can't justify the amount better vs the additional cost.

I like VLTOR buttstocks, even if they are the ugliest things in the world.  Function over form wins 100% of the time in my book.

I like Aimpoints, but I'm getting an EOThingy, just to see what all the hype is about.

I like flash hiders that I make - they're the best.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah.......

Airsoft is kinda up for attack.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#33]
People having some respect and talking to people the way they would in person.
I hope it happens but I'm a pesimist hope I'm wrong.
I own colt DPMS RRA and my oppinions are

Colt   would be my favaorite but I hate their CIV policy and chose not to support them with my money anymore even though I still own a preban/unbaned colt I've had for 10+years

DPMS          best fit and finish of anthing I have put together works flawlessly
RRA           works flawlessly but the worst finish I have ever seen  
Oly          pins walked in lower sold it to a friend in NY he didn't care wanted a pre ban rifle

Bushmaster no personal experience besides shooting other peoples worked flawlesly good fit finish

Armalite    my only experience with a friends new ar10 finacy about ammo wasn't impressed at the price it should run flawlessly IMHO

Mega lowers  transfered 2 for a customer they looked outstanding to me he is pleased with them.

The only problem I have is that all the manufacturers should have known the ban was going to die it  just looks to me like they should have ramped up production.

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does this mean that I can actually post that I own and like an Oly without being called  "poser" or "Oly dork", or just plain "idiot"?

No.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope you had a good Christmas, and the Stick family wishes you a Happy New Year!

Hey brother,

Right back at ya.

Spooge's family wishes you an awesome holidays!  

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/files/Self-portraits/p94.jpg

I have to take exception with this.

Jeesh!  What a dork!

Everyone knows you should duct tape.

What an idiot!
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#37]

To me , nothing wrong with airsoft. It has its place for me as a trianing tool. Can't get to the range every day , but I can shoot in the house with an airsoft.   Just read about  the Japanese  pistol champ. Guess he got good by shooting airsoft , cause pistols are illegal in Japan.

As for those who try to pass of airsoft as real guns, they need to go back to playing Dungeons and Dragons.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

To me , nothing wrong with airsoft. It has its place for me as a trianing tool. Can't get to the range every day , but I can shoot in the house with an airsoft.   Just read about  the Japanese  pistol champ. Guess he got good by shooting airsoft , cause pistols are illegal in Japan.

As for those who try to pass of airsoft as real guns, they need to go back to playing Dungeons and Dragons.  

Good point!

But does it have a place here, or on an airsoft forum?
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Does this mean people on here will be nice to each other? I like the info on this site but never did like the way people get treated. Hope this thread helps some people to realize there conduct here is really not appreciated. I've been on THR for awhile and last night before I read this thread I put a Thank You to THR site and moderators for acting in a professional way. Not the way it is here. This site is getting the reputation as the Jerry Springer of firearm web sites. Hope this changes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#41]
COLT!!!

BUSHMASTER!!!

COLT!!!

BUSHMASTER!!!

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm the best shot of everyone on this site.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
COLT!!!

BUSHMASTER!!!

COLT!!!

BUSHMASTER!!!

LMT rocks! Also.

Ask Grant. I have bought from him.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
COLT!!!

BUSHMASTER!!!

COLT!!!

BUSHMASTER!!!

LMT rocks! Also.

Ask Grant. I have bought from him.

While we are at it, how about we try to stop the vendor bashing?

I have seen my fill of it....
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I dont like ARs anymore.

Cause you don't really have any...  
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I dont like ARs anymore.

Lumpy.

I feel your pain.

Let go of the bad feelings, and comeback to one of our favorite mods.

We know how you are getting really ticked off at the "if it isn't a Colt it sucks" crowd.

I think your guns are kick-ass.

Even your non AR ones.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Spooge, great point I agree with you because we were all first timers once and I think anybody who posts under the banner 'newbie' should get their question answered honestly . I wasn't aware of this site when I ordered my first AR from RRA - Gay one of the ladies who works for them was very helpful but wasn't as insightful as many of my AR brothers are and I wish I would have known about AR15.com as I was making my decision not that Gay didn't help me but its kinda like mom showing the boy how to piss a mess was made. I read alot of posts from FNG' s and they get yanked around by comments made about their choice of AR's or whats even worse when a FNG can't formulate a question not because they don't know what they are asking but because they do not have the experience to ask what somebody needs to read in order to give them the answer they deserve. And what could be more frustrating than to have a new rifle problem the wealth of information and brotherhood as we do here and only to have it dangled like a carrot in front of them.  Happy New Year to everyone here !
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Personally i like rock river best but can't complain to much about my bushmaster  haven't found the colts to be as accurate and don't know any one with anything else.  Varried opinions are what make this site so great.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I like RRA and PWA so far. :)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top