Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:31:22 PM EDT
I am looking to purchase a quality single point sling with multiple release points.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I will second the ASP sling
http://www.jtrusty.com
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I will second the ASP
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll third the ASP. Sweet sling!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#5]
If money isnt a huge thing tactical link slings are awesome. They use to sell to just military and law enforcement. Great people to deal with very nice and you can call them 24/7 with guestions now thats customer service. The only negative it's about 50 dollars more than ASP with the mount, but its well worth the money.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: 3/25/2006 5:15:19 AM EST :
If money isnt a huge thing tactical link slings are awesome. They use to sell to just military and law enforcement. Great people to deal with very nice and you can call them 24/7 with guestions now thats customer service. The only negative it's about 50 dollars more than ASP with the mount, but its well worth the money.

Interesting.

Quoted: 3/24/2006 11:10:26 PM EST:
besides the price anyone know anything about the tactical link sling with one their mounts. They appear to be pretty nice also.

Apparently 6 hours ago you hadn't even tried one.

So in a matter of six hours, you managed to not only place an order but also receive your product from Washington to Illinios in the dead of night and still have time to T&E your purchase? Impressive.

but its well worth the money.

So how exactly do you quantify this statement?

Have you actually used one of the Tactical Link products or not? If you have, why beat around the bush. Just come right out and say what you think about it. What makes it superior to other products currently on the market?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Interesting.

besides the price anyone know anything about the tactical link sling with one their mounts. They appear to be pretty nice also.

So in a matter of six hours, you managed to not only place an order but also receive your product from Washington to Illinios in the dead of night and still have time to T&E your purchase? Impressive.

Have you actually used one of the Tactical Link products or not? If you have, why beat around the bush. Just come right out and say what you think about it. What makes it superior to other products currently on the market?

JT, I noticed that myself.    This Force is strong with this one???

TS
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Interesting.

Good catch. Gotta suck for the poser.

Also, I finally got a Magpul sling loop in hand and am now 10-8 with my ASP sling again.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]

I was in no way trying to catch anyone. Simply pointing out that you should always be wary of what you read and when possible know where the information comes from.

Not many of us can purchase one of everything we are intersted in ahead of time to judge for ourselves the quality and workmanship of a product. To further complicate the issue most local shops don't carry the types of specialty items an avid AR15 fan would be interested in. Therefore we rely on our fellow arfcommer's opinions regarding products that we are interested in since they 'usually' come from first hand experience.

However, it only makes sense to question that information when it is clear that it could be misrepresented.

Furthermore, the actions of one poster should in no way reflect poorly on the Tactical Link products. Though I personally don't own any of their products, I have seen them first hand. They are well designed and expertly constructed. If the original poster has anything to add, I am sure we would all be interested in hearing his first hand experience.

That said, let's not get a good thread locked for misbehaving.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was in no way trying to catch anyone. Simply pointing out that you should always be wary of what you read and when possible know where the information comes from.

Not many of us can purchase one of everything we are intersted in ahead of time to judge for ourselves the quality and workmanship of a product. To further complicate the issue most local shops don't carry the types of specialty items an avid AR15 fan would be interested in. Therefore we rely on our fellow arfcommer's opinions regarding products that we are interested in since they 'usually' come from first hand experience.

However, it only makes sense to question that information when it is clear that it could be misrepresented.

Furthermore, the actions of one poster should in no way reflect poorly on the Tactical Link products. Though I personally don't own any of their products, I have seen them first hand. They are well designed and expertly constructed. If the original poster has anything to add, I am sure we would all be interested in hearing his first hand experience.

That said, let's not get a good thread locked for misbehaving.

I see... and agree. Very well put... Now look at my rifle with ASP again...

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Now look at my rifle with ASP again...

Ahahahaha. Looking good EntryTac
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not saying your product is worse or better than the Tactical Link Sling I was just posting my expierence with Tactical Link Sling. No I have not recieved my sling however I have used the Tactical Sling on someone else's rifle and liked it, but after seeing your sling I wanted to look into it further beofre I ordered one.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got my TAG sling. I love it !!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Waiting on mine along with the prototype SPRE mount.  I can't wait.  

TS

ETA: JT, how many lowers do you want me check the fit of the SPRE on?  I've got two DPMS, one DSA and a SunDevil.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Waiting on mine along with the prototype SPRE mount.  I can't wait.  

TS

ETA: JT, how many lowers do you want me check the fit of the SPRE on?  I've got two DPMS, one DSA and a SunDevil.

I got the prototype as well .It's very well made.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#16]
We should have the single point thread stickied to the board.  Seems like every two or three days somebody asks the same question (as on most of the other boards).  While I have seen some people come up and endorse another single point that costs way more money and may or may not be as wunderbar as the ASP (which I think is the best available, and will probably be even better next week when I have my proto unit in hand), but DRam's little dick up is a first.
Keep kickin ass Jason.  I haven't seen anything that would make me want to change from the ASP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#17]
The ASP sling is by far "THE" best sling I have personally used. I wouldn't waste another minute debating on which one to buy. The sooner you order one from Jason the sooner you will have it sitting on your doorstep.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Stickman, what type of attachment point is that in your picture?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#19]

what type of attachment point is that in your picture?

Daniel Defense CAR EZ Mount
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#20]
ASP Single Point Sling gets my vote as well. very well made sling and you wont find better customer service anywhere IMO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#21]
JT,

When do expect to have more HK attachments and stock stubs in blakc back instock?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
JT,

When do expect to have more HK attachments and stock stubs in blakc back instock?

Unless you are an HK fanatic, I would try one of the prototype SPRE attachments while you still can.  They're fantastic!

TS
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top