Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:36:17 PM EDT
Has anyone used Silver bear ammo? What did ya think?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you bother reading the FAQ's tacked to the top, in particular the AMMUNITION REVIEW?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
It goes Bang!  It's loaded lighter than Q3131A and the like.  The powder smells pretty bad after you have fired a round, and you may get some powder sparks out the end of the barrel.  I use it for pop cans and the like so I really can't comment on accuracy. Every so often you'll get a short stroke becaues it's not loaded hot enough.  If you want some informal balsting ammo it's OK especially since the cases are plated.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It goes Bang!  It's loaded lighter than Q3131A and the like.

I don't think that's the case. First of all, most SB is 62gr, and the velocities for that is pretty much equal to M855 according to several people who have chrono'd it. Check the ammunition review thread on Silver Bear for velocity numbers. I don't have a chrono, but it feels right about the same as M193 in recoil and the like.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The 55grain stuff seems to be loaded pretty hot.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
It gets my guns dirty....very dirty.....nasty dirty......but it is cheap to shoot and I have never had a bad round...seems accurate enough and no hard primers or weak shots.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top