Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2003 2:20:23 PM EDT
You all know what I mean... those BATF approved unwieldy trigger packs (hellfires, etc.) that at least one table sells at a gun show.

I am curious if first of all, any of them are worthwhile. I would like to fool with a pseudo auto if I can, but if these are a $80 bump fire attachment, I would just as soon waste my $ on something else. What kits work for ARs and how would you rate them (in terms of fun, functionality, and nec. modifications)? I have other assault rifles as do many of you, so feel free to add a critique of a slap-on made for another rifle AK, FN, HK etc.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Do not waste your money.  Full auto is seldom used by well trained troops who have it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Understood. If installing a halfway decent kit requires permenant/semi-permenant modification  then I wouldn't fool with one. I am not too concerned however about proper tactics in this case, just looking for a little fun. Most of the time will be spent on marksmanship but I figured a little distraction for under $100 couldn't hurt provided they are worth a damn.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Learn how to bump fire. Quick way to dump a mag [:D]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Have tried bump fire and can't get it to work.  Bought an "auto boost" and should have just thrown $20 in the trash.  Am now looking to buy an M16 and have the real thing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top