Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 1:59:01 PM EDT
have an a-3 upper.but it came with 2 day peeps, I believe its a NM...should i drill one out, if so what size. I would like the larger peep for CQC. Also the elevation marks are not the same as Mil. spec. Does anyone know where to set the rear elevation to zero the rifle...thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If one of the apertures is really tiny it's probably an NM peep sight.  Be carefull drilling though.  If the peep you drill gets elongated or off center your two apertures will be off from each other.  IOW, when one is zeroed and you flip to the second aperture your POI may be different than expected.
It would be better to order a whole new aperture and replace it.

To zero, set the elevation dial to 0 and it should be bottomed out.  
Go to this page and check out all the info on the different zeroing methods.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Also keep in mind that the peeps are set on a screw and that by flipping between the peeps it moves 1/4 click left or right.  This can be seen on any sights where the smaller peep hole appears to be off set to the right just a bit.

In my experience I have to zero with the large peep then flip to the small peep.  If I do it the other way around and zero with my small peep, my point of impact will be to the right when I flip to the large peep.  It just works that way...for me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top