Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/7/2006 5:23:56 AM EST

I need help with an up coming project. I would like to order a short barrel upper from CMMG 10.5" but I'm not sure how to start the process. Do I have to register with ATF before I try and purchase the upper? Can I order through a local dealer or does it have to be with a class 3 dealer? Are there any other legal issues with this project? I live in Pennsylvania and machine guns are legal here. It would be a semi auto short barreled rifle when complete. Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:26:02 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:40:48 AM EST
Check out the SBR FAQ that edwin247 linked to above for the whole process.

But to give you the short answer: yes, you'll need to get your approved SBR paperwork back before installing a short barrelled upper onto your lower receiver. You can buy the upper directly without going through a class 3 dealer.
Top Top