Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2006 3:57:45 PM EDT
I guess this is the right place to this question.
I have been looking for a good pair of shooting gloves for my AR's & other rifles. (But not handguns...cause I got none)

So far I tried general purpose all kinds of gloves but they are either a little too thick for dexterity (sp?).  Basically I want gloves that provide cold weather protection & good dexterity.
I only intend to use the gloves for 1-2 hr shooting sessions.

Any suggestion?

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
 I was laughing too hard!

I guess I asked too much for a simple pair of gloves....
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Craftsman mechanics gloves.  They work well and are cheap.  Not very tactical however.  Not that I care.  I also use them for elk hunting and unless it is butt-ass cold and I am out for hours and hours, they are more than sufficient.  Very good dexterity and warmth.

Seydou
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just use Hellstorm Nomex Flight Gloves.  I have so for a couple years and even tough they are thin they keep my hands plenty warm.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Hatch and Uncle Mikes make a pair of gloves that use neoprene on the backs, and a thin synthetic leather for the palm.  Not too bad when it's not too far below freezing.
Hatch also has a pair that have a lining in them for greater warmth, and still have decent dexterity.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Cabelas sells winter shooting gloves.  Bought a pair a couple of years ago.  They are decent.  Balance between warmth/feel/waterproof.  The more protection you want the less feel you get.  I guess that can apply to more than one thing.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:16:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used my hatch spectra fibre gloves for shooting skeet and sporting clays and pistol.  They're good enough to reload a pistol mag w/o taking them off.  Of course they're not as warm as mittens.  I just put my hand in my coat pocket when not shooting.

SoS
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out your local Wallmart's hunting section. I purchased gloves there last year for $5.95 that fit snug with velcro closures, and keep my hands from being too cold for an hour or so at temps in the 30s. They were realtree hardwood camo design btw.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Hellstorm Kevlar flight gloves work great. Was shooting them 2 weeks ago in WV up in the mountains in 34 degree weather with lots of windchill.

Simon
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Big fan of the Navy Gunner gloves from Blackhawk
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I use nomex flight gloves year round.  When it gets cold for two weeks in February I put in some mylar ski glove liners.  They stay pretty warm (I have used them elsewhere in fairly cold conditions, but we don't get much in TX) and you don't lose much in the way of dexterity or feel.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top