Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:06:34 PM EDT
My shooting glasses constantly fog up at the range, I have to stop every 20-30 rounds to clean them.  I think its a combination of heat, humidity, my out-of-shape ass sweating a lot and CLP being sprayed everywhere by my 22lr kit.

Any suggestions on what I could do to alleviate the problem?

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Some no fog works fine.  Google.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I suggest coating your glasses with shaving cream.  Rub it in for a few seconds or so, then wipe them dry to the point that they are clear again.  This will add a little protection against fogging up.

Another thing you can do is wear your glasses a little further forward on your nose in order to let hot/moist condensation to be able to escape without being trapped by your eye brows touching your upper frame.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Get some 'Cat Crap' and apply to the inside of the lenses. I put some on the inside of the face shield of my son's helmet (football) in August. There was no need to re-apply during the whole season. The stuff works great.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been having my shooting glasses fog up in this Florida humidity, when shooting benchrest.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Clean them well, any dirt will attract fog. Then rub in some regular dish soap and wipe off the extra. That will work as fine as any special anti fog and if you arn't happy wth it, it cost you 1 paper towel at most.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for the Cat Crap!!

Also, are you wearing a ball cap??? Anything that prevents air flow up through the space between your face and the lens will permit moist air to condense. Happens to me w/a hard hat while I'm cutting wood.

I do about a 4" circle w/cat crap on the windshield in the winter to permit me to drive while everything else clears up (makes the wife nutz!!!)

Also - PLEASE, be sure you wash your glasses well first!!! ANY dirt, grit, schmutz, etc. will scratch the lenses if you rub it in.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
No cap, but I have the top of the lenses very close to my eyebrows (not touching), I dont want a 22lr casing burning my eyeball.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had a .45 case get between my glasses and my face, it sucked.  Had a nice little burn on my cheek just above the sinuses.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Some no fog or maybe rain-x anti fog might work.  I have some Oakley's and those things rock.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top