Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:53:26 AM EST
I have a bushmaster M4 and GG&G folding rear sight. It's hitting about 12" high at 50 yards. I thought I had read somewhere about some BUIS needing an extended front sight post, but I can't find anything on it. The search has proven to be much of a help. Please tell me about this issue, or point me in a direction.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:31:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By JBTX:
I have a bushmaster M4 and GG&G folding rear sight. It's hitting about 12" high at 50 yards. I thought I had read somewhere about some BUIS needing an extended front sight post, but I can't find anything on it. The search has proven to be much of a help. Please tell me about this issue, or point me in a direction.

You will need an "F" marked front sight base or you can try the taller front sight post sold by Bushmaster. I tried the taller post on my AR10A4 and the post still had to be above the ears on the FSB so I ended up with a gasblock and detachable front. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:38:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 12:53:36 PM EST by JBTX]
Any recommendations or opinions on make/models? I would like a folding front, are there particular ones that will cure my problem? If I go with a gas block and detachable front, how do I know I won't end up with the same problem?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:05:35 PM EST
You could just buy an extented front sight post.

can get them from SOG Armory or Bravocompany USA for about $13

I know this info is a bit late, but I was having the same prob, and did a little reasearch and found the cure.

My Google-fu is strong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:49:07 AM EST

You could just buy an extented front sight post.

I use the 0.040" taller posts from Bushmaster. They work great.

Top Top