Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 2:02:15 AM EDT
Do I need a permit to ship AR15 bolts out of the country?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I wouldnt think so ??

what country
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldnt think so ??

what country

Just the same, be very carefull. Check ITAR rules about it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:10:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The guy who wants them is in Belgium.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:09:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

its just a  bolt ONLY

even though FA  carrier is  legal here in the USA

I would check the LAWS before sending Full auto carrier/Bolt out of USA!

I bet the belgium guy cant find a Bolt or they cost a arm/leg
might be a big help to him

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

its just a  bolt ONLY

The bolts include the extractor and gas rings. I would love to help the guy but unless I can decipher the law without a doubt I will not take the chance.

The bolts include the extractor and gas rings. I would love to help the guy but unless I can decipher the law without a doubt I will not take the chance.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]
You cannot ship Firearms/ firearm parts out of country. Look at the U.S. Customs website under Dept of Homeland Security.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:38:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Check the I.C.E. and CBP web sites. It could qualify as "Munitions and Articles of war" and require export licenses, end user certificates, and more paperwork than it's worth.

Failure to comply and shipping it anyway could get you free room & board with the Feds for a long time. Know before you ship.

Personally - I wouldn't mess with it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:39:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its just a  bolt ONLY

Call UPS  or the Post office maybe they will have a quick answer

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is the quick answer:

NO!!!

Even if you were selling to the Belgian military you would need an export permit.   US purchased goods, dual use (military and civvy) stuff is showing up on the battlefield and the US State Dept. ITAR regulations are intended to prevent this.  For all you know, the guy in Belgium could be a Muzzie looking to supply his jihadi buddies.  Regardless, and even if he is the brother of the Prime Minister, you could face felony charges.

There is a reason why companies like BravoCompanyUSA, etc. do not export. It's not because they don't want the sales.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:08:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here is the quick answer:

NO!!!

Even if you were selling to the Belgian military you would need an export permit.   US purchased goods, dual use (military and civvy) stuff is showing up on the battlefield and the US State Dept. ITAR regulations are intended to prevent this.  For all you know, the guy in Belgium could be a Muzzie looking to supply his jihadi buddies.  Regardless, and even if he is the brother of the Prime Minister, you could face felony charges.

There is a reason why companies like BravoCompanyUSA, etc. do not export. It's not because they don't want the sales.

Bushmaster/ etc  EXPORT OUT OF THE USA

Shit we gave IRAQ lots o AID  during IRAN  BS

Loved the  TALLY when they kick comi ass years ago

funny how times are

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks.That was my gut feeling. I will pass on selling the parts to him.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I ran into a similar issue with a guy from Italy wanting a BCG and stock kit minus stock body. After reading around the .gov sites I was not comfortable shipping any gun items out of the country. It's not worth the risk.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Call UPS  or the Post office maybe they will have a quick answer

I've called UPS about shipping Ammo state to state, only one that would talk to me about the issue was the local franchises that are independently owned.  2 of 3 had no idea what they were talking about and were telling me things that I knew for a fact were absolutely wrong, only the third that dealt often with an FFL shipping ammo gave me the right info from his own personal experience.  Perhaps someone at the Corporate offices would be more help, but I could NOT find a number of anyone, nor was the generic numbers any help.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#15]
It seems to be more trouble than its worth. I'll hang on to them or sell them domestically.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top