Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 2:09:12 PM EDT
I just took my new 9mm, new to me that is, all factory Colt out for a test run. No problems feeding and digesting 3 different types of ammo, in two different magazines. There were few occasions when the rifle fired a 2 or 3 round burst when the trigger was pulled once. I tried to replicate the occourance by using different trigger pulls and such, but it seemed to occour randomly. I cleaned the weapon before taking it out, and this occoured after about 175 rounds went through the gun. I fired a total of about 300 rounds last night and this occoured maybe 3-4 times. While it was sorta cool, I'm concerned of any impending problem. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tony
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:22:16 PM EDT
it could be crud making the firing pin stick. blow backs are dirty.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:16:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 6:11:17 AM EDT by apf383]
Thanks for the dirty firing pin suggestion advntrjnky, however I don't think that's it. It really doesn't look that bad, however I'll clean the entire rifle again and take it out over the w/e.

David,
I tried what you suggested and I can't budge the hammer from the disconnector. There is no foward movement and very little laterial movement. I inspected the hammer pin and that is intact also. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,
Tony
Top Top