Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 8:35:59 PM EDT
What do you think of a nightvision scope for my M4 project?
I could never see myself spend more than 20 bucks for a friggin flashlight, so i'm looking into night vision scopes.
Whats decent below $500? I know i might have to settle for Gen. I, is that any good? Got any links?
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Spend HALF that much for a good flash light and you will be able to see TWICE as well (probably more) as with a crappy NVD.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Having TAC lights on ALL my defensive firearms I agree with New AR Guy. Nothing is more important.
Not to mention with NV if you are in confined quarters/dwellings and the lights go on....Bad NEWS! BAD NEWWWWS! However NV has it's place in the field. NV under $500? You will generally be stuck with crappy GEN 1 tubes which are blurry as all hell and mess with your depth perception something awful.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I will third the above opinions.  If you are willing to spend $500, you will be able to get a very good flashlight for the money compared to a very crappy NVD.  The flashlight will be more versatile for many more types of situations.  Go with a Surefire light or save up 3 or 4 thousand bucks for a good AN-PVS-14.  And don't crap out and buy a cheaper light, go with a Surefire light and make sure it is a Surefire weaponlight other wise it won't take the abuse of being mounted on a firearm.  You will be a lot happier that way, I assure you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have tried a GEN. 1 and it ain't worth a damn. Now on the other hand a GEN.2 is a fine piece of work. You will have to get off your $500.00 though. I think the gen 2's start at about $1500.00. A lot of money just to use a little, unless you plan on opening up the night season on deer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top