Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2005 2:14:13 PM EDT
Just picked up a NOS RRA 9mm flattop upper, don't think it was ever fired.  Put an ARMS 40 BUIS on it, and took it  to work to sight it in.  Without touching anything, it was about 10" low at 15 yards.  I wound up screwing the front sight post almost all the way in until there was just aobut 3/16" of post visable.  Then it was pretty close to POI.

Rock River says I might have bought a rifle rear sight instead of a carbine rear (!?!?!).

ARMS just asked which aperture I was using.

I'm gonna try a DPMS A2 detachable and see what happens, may try the Holosight off my Beretta Storm, too.

Any suggestions??

Steve
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are sticking with the ARMS, then get a taller front sight post from Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 5:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you are sticking with the ARMS, then get a taller front sight post from Bushmaster.

Getting a taller front post won't help him with his problem, if anythign he needs a shorter front post in order to bring the point of impact up.

As far as rifle sight over carbine, I have no idea as I use #40L on all my rifle/carbines.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#3]
sounds like a real problem, got any pics of your set up?
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a couple #40's.  I don't think it matters if you put it on a carbine or a rifle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Getting a taller front post won't help him with his problem, if anythign he needs a shorter front post in order to bring the point of impact up.

As far as rifle sight over carbine, I have no idea as I use #40L on all my rifle/carbines.

Sorry, I misread.

Try another rear sight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
This is confusing me.  I was unaware there would be any difference.  I have a RRA midlenth 9mm flattop upper on order, and a MI flip up sight ready to go on it.  Will I have a problem?  Do I need a different front site post?
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
this is the first i have heard about something like this, usually its the front post is too short but in your case its too tall

try posting this in the ar discussions thread and the rock river arms industry forum.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
this is the first i have heard about something like this, usually its the front post is too short but in your case its too tall

Steve conferred with me on this before posting. I suggested comparing his front sight post to one out of his .223, to make sure it wasn't out of spec. They were identical. I'm stumped, too, and as an armorer I'm very interested in how this issue is finally resolved.  

In the meantime, I did the right thing, manned up and offered to buy his ARMS #40 cheap.

Link Posted: 11/18/2005 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input.

I tried a detachable A2 rear today (much taller than the ARMS), and again the front post got bottomed out.  I don't get it.

I'm going to try a couple more things, and then I may take you up on the return for inspection, Steve.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I would like to thank Steve at RRA and Head armorer/production manager Terry Douglas for fixing my 9mm upper.  They went above and beyond the call, IMO.  It took a new barrel to cure the problem, and they had it in and out fast.  I got it back and it worked slicker than when I sent it in, and the sights were right on.

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Steve
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top