Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 3:38:25 PM EDT
HELP!  I like the iron sights and red dot on my M-4 profile AR, but I am looking for a way to mount my cheap Bushnell scope, which would be used only once in a while.  I want to be able to take it off and put it back on without having to re-sight it in every time.  I currently use cheap 1" mounts and it goes on and comes off readily enough but there is WAY TOO MUCH play in the mounting on the flat-top for it to be reliable.  I AM cheap, if I'm going to have to drop $150 for scope mounts for a $50 scope then I guess I'll pass.  I just wondered if I am overlooking a suitable product that would solve my problem without dropping $$$?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like that is the answer I've been looking for!  Thanks, Mike!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#3]
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Command_Arms_Dual_Scope_Ring_Rail_Mount.html

Is this cheap enough for ya.  I'm embarrassed to say I have one of these suckers on my truck gun.  I have a cheap Simmons red dot mounted and flip up irons.  The cool thing is that I can use the irons through the red dot, the dot even co-witnesses with the irons.  I haven't tested it for repeatability though. Its not in the ballpark of my Larue scope mount that I use on my other AR, but it does seem solid with a good tight fit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:38:10 AM EDT
[#4]
YEah, that's cheap enough!  Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope you have a buttload of cheap ammo. You are going to need it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Mike,

Do you have a link to these?  How repeatable are they?  Any still left for sale?

Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top