Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2007 2:38:25 PM EST
HELP! I like the iron sights and red dot on my M-4 profile AR, but I am looking for a way to mount my cheap Bushnell scope, which would be used only once in a while. I want to be able to take it off and put it back on without having to re-sight it in every time. I currently use cheap 1" mounts and it goes on and comes off readily enough but there is WAY TOO MUCH play in the mounting on the flat-top for it to be reliable. I AM cheap, if I'm going to have to drop $150 for scope mounts for a $50 scope then I guess I'll pass. I just wondered if I am overlooking a suitable product that would solve my problem without dropping $$$?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:04:47 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:46:05 AM EST
Looks like that is the answer I've been looking for! Thanks, Mike!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:09:53 AM EST
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Command_Arms_Dual_Scope_Ring_Rail_Mount.html

Is this cheap enough for ya. I'm embarrassed to say I have one of these suckers on my truck gun. I have a cheap Simmons red dot mounted and flip up irons. The cool thing is that I can use the irons through the red dot, the dot even co-witnesses with the irons. I haven't tested it for repeatability though. Its not in the ballpark of my Larue scope mount that I use on my other AR, but it does seem solid with a good tight fit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:38:10 AM EST
YEah, that's cheap enough! Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:26:06 PM EST
Hope you have a buttload of cheap ammo. You are going to need it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:13:32 PM EST
Mike,

Do you have a link to these? How repeatable are they? Any still left for sale?

Thanks.
Top Top