Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2016 4:49:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/12/2016 4:57:21 PM EST by Norinco982lover]
Hello, this is my first time installing a LPK in this specific lower.

I was trying to install the safety detent in a Santan Tactical lower and noticed it was a very tight fit and wouldn't push all the way through. I pulled it out, visually inspected the detent hole and it appeared free of debris. I very lightly sanded the detent by hand and placed it back in the hole and now it is stuck with the tip poking out the safety hole. I realize that the hole necks down and I've tried to punch out the detent from the top but it will not come out. I'll get a picture of what it looks like. It seems the detent is jammed and not moving. I don't have any kroil but I'll find some and get it soaking but not sure what else to do.

I do have an email out to Santan asking for any suggestions. Not sure if this is a common issue with these lowers or not.

Thanks for any help.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:06:30 PM EST
perhaps try a little lube squirted from the bottom and the top and gently push down...it should "pop" out
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:12:19 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmo371:
perhaps try a little lube squirted from the bottom and the top and gently push down...it should "pop" out
View Quote

I've been hammering away at it with a punch and everything else I can get my hands on (from the top) and it isn't moving. Perhaps I need a better punch? I have some CLP soaking in there right now but that's only because I don't have anything else decent on hand.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:17:06 PM EST
Its probably wedged sideways...could you push it further up to get it to straighten out so it can drop down?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:57:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/12/2016 7:22:34 PM EST by Norinco982lover]
It won't move any further either direction

Edit: I smashed the crap out of it from above and it came out. I dremeled it down to a smaller diameter and it now inserts and falls out with a little coaxing.

Now it seems to be extending too far in when the grip/detent spring is installed as I cannot rotate the safety once the detent is installed.

I did try another detent and it also does not fit the hole.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:04:02 PM EST
I took an extra detent and ground it down slightly less. I tried 3 different safety levers and it would only work with one.

Oh well. Not buying another santan set but this one is done.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:10:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/17/2016 11:11:00 AM EST by Dano523]
Top Top