Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:41:30 AM EDT
I purchased one of these: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=329349
I bought the one with "A-6" forge markings...its gonna need some finish work (filing dremmeling ect.) to get looking the way I want it to look...I'm gonna moly coat the entire piece after doing the filing and sanding...where this thing was cut do I sandblast  just  the worked on area or the whole thing ...I want the sight to have a nice even finish.  Would you take this thing all apart to do the filing, sanding ect.  
Thanx for your input!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
THANX A BUNCH!!! I may have to pull it apart...thinking about fiishing the upper and the BUIS in OD green...would like to keep the knobs and such black..I like that contrast.
Thanx, Tony
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Next time you want to ask someone a question, try IMing the person instead of starting a whole new thread to ask one person a question.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought I'd add some pics of my CCH BUIS. Finished with Alumablack.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/378918-big.jpg

This one looks real good, aside from the cheap lockdown nut. Stick, you should be ashamed of yourself. LOL!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't have any heart burn with people asking as there really isn't a way for people to track these questions down.  Each time its asked here on the board, it answers questions for a bunch of other people.  Aside from that, other people with more knowledge than me can jump in an make corrections, or give input based off their experiences.

The revised AR15 Refinishing thread, and the 1911 refinishing thread are hopefully going to have a FAQ section where some of these will be covered.  There are also a few other ideas that we have kicking around that should help people out.

+1, I can't stand people like edwin247 (nothing personal), that think they have the right to tell people when they can or can't post a question, or what they can or can't do. The rules are at the top of each forum, not in your .02 cents. I agree with stick, and I appreciate his quick response to edwin247's post, I do also have a suggestion. Maybe Tee-Bruce can change the name of this thread so it will be much easier for people to find. Don't be so hard on the Newbe
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/378918-big.jpg

This one looks real good, aside from the cheap lockdown nut. Stick, you should be ashamed of yourself. LOL!

Cheap lockdown nut! That nut happens to be "MS" aircraft spec's!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:03:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Next time you want to ask someone a question, try IMing the person instead of starting a whole new thread to ask one person a question.

hey asshole do you own this site?? no you dont, why cant someone ask a question and share the responses within a thread, isnt what this board is all about??
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just chopped a Cardinal Forge CH myself and painted it a couple of months ago. I had some of the very same questions as Tee-Bruce and I for one am glad we all have Stick here to answer questions for us. We all benefit from the knowledge of those with more experience when questions are posed publically as opposed to privately.

You haven't been around very long to figure out if everyone IM'd each other questions, this board would be half the database it is now and consequently not nearly as beneficial or successful as it is.

So lighten up Francis, nobody died and left you King of ARFCOM.

HS1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:57:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm used to stirring up a big pot of gumbo...not shit!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought about buying one of those too and doing the same thing you plan to do.

Stickman has it right.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#14]
As usual some people are late to this thread.

I agree with Stickman that the question asked by the original poster could answer the same question for others.  So it is helpful.

But what you don't see is that the orginal poster did change the title of the thread (as suggested by ogcujo) and now it looks more like a normal thread, not a direct question..  I wasn't too harsh on him, I just stated that if he wanted to ask a direct question to a single person, that is better done with IM.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#15]
here's the one i did.

cut it with a cutting wheel, sanded it down after tearing it apart and hit it with norrells
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I just had the biggest bowl of seafood gumbo...It Was Horrible!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top