Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 5:48:39 AM EDT
will an aimpoint co-whitness on the upper of a SIR bi-level? if not, i still might want to keep it on the upper but as low as possible, what should i look at for mounts? i just got my SIR 50C in today and am looking to grab an aimpoint for it shortly...
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The Aimpoint will co-witness on the upper part of the bi-level rail with an ARMS 22m68 mount.  The lower front part of the top rail is made so the EO-tech will cowitness.  You can put the Aimpoint out front but you might need a spacer to properly co-witness with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/optic-1.jpg[/img]

This is a bi-lever SIR with EOTech on the lower rail and an Aimpoint with ARMS #22/M68 on the top rail.  The Aimpoint as you can see from the picture co-witness perfectly with the iron on the SIR top rail.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys. that's a nice rig chen... makes me want to keep my EOTech on there too, though i don't really think i need that much red-dot optics. i haven't been 100% satisfied with my EOTech. i've decided to try out a Comp M2. i figure it will give me a little more versatility. (by versatility i mean where and how it's mounted on the gun.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#4]
This may be a really dumb question, but keep in mind that I am an complete M4 newbie.  
Why would you need to cowitness two red dots?
I don't own an AR (but plan to in the not-too-distant future) so i really don't know much about aimpoints or optics in general.  I'm definitely learning a lot here though...
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The two-at-once pic just shows how both of them line up correctly when placed on the appropriate rails.  

Newar15guy, you're gonna love that setup!  I just got my #50 yesterday and I have a M2/#22M68 on top.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This may be a really dumb question, but...  
why would you need to cowitness two red dots?
View Quote

It's an Airsoft thing.

[;)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why would you need to cowitness two red dots?
View Quote

Strazz and Ellery is correct in each own ways.  I did this picture to show the option you may have with each optic on the bi-level SIR, I do not run around with both optic on my gun, this picture is for reference only for anyone that might have a question regarding co-witness possibility with ARMS products.

And Ellery is absolutely correct, I only have airsoft rifle, I do npt own any real steel guns. [;)] I am a big poser. I am the president of the Airsoft owners club of America [;)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah when you see a gas tube discolored from high heat. You can tell it is an airsoft gun.... Those plastic BB's and 9V batteries get really hot. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top