Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 8:18:27 AM EDT
What is different in the SASS vs. say the LR-308's?
I know they have a different barrel, but is the lower reviever any different.
I know there are some furniture differences.

I have a LR-308 with a 18" bull barrel. My question is if I should sell this and get a true SASS for tactical matches.
WIth a trigger upgrade one would think the 18" bull would be more accurate than the SASS??

Any comments on what I should do?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
The SASS has the same lower.

It is a LR 308 with some upgrades.  

You could buy one, or you could start with a stock LR and build it up to your specifications.  

The FIRST upgrade you MUST do is to your trigger.  The standard DPMS trigger is poop.  Your shooting will greatly improve with a different trigger.  

after that, everything else is a personal choice.  Heck, even DPMS has changed the stock that comes with the SASS, dont feel like you have to get what they are selling.  Get what YOU want
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Great News!
What trigger would you suggest that isn't too costly$$.
Are the Jards pretty good?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The SASS has the same lower.

It is a LR 308 with some upgrades.  

You could buy one, or you could start with a stock LR and build it up to your specifications.  

The FIRST upgrade you MUST do is to your trigger.  The standard DPMS trigger is poop.  Your shooting will greatly improve with a different trigger.  

after that, everything else is a personal choice.  Heck, even DPMS has changed the stock that comes with the SASS, dont feel like you have to get what they are selling.  Get what YOU want

+1. Build an LR308 to suit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#4]
What trigger would you suggest for the DPMS?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never shot a JARDS.

I have a RRA NM 2stage in one of mine, and a Geiselle in my shooter.  Both are very good triggers.  

Well, the Geisselle is a GREAT trigger.  I put it on my SASS (mine is custom built the way I wanted it, not the SASS that DPMS puts out)
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd recommend either a Geissele if you've got the dough or a JP Enterprises if you dont.
I've got a RRA NM that is reduced to 2lbs but it's got carrier clearance issues; I've shot both Geissele and JPE triggers and they are both very nice with the "OMG this trigger is SWEET!" going to the OMG this trigger is EXPENSIVE! Geissele.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#7]
those are $$$$$$
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#8]
The JPEnt. triggers are $120-$150, depending on if you get the trigger kit or the fire control package.
Another option, send the DPMS fire contol group to Bill Springfield and get his trigger job. It wont be a tuned match trigger like the above, but it'll be a heck of a lot better than the stock trigger.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 3 Jard triggers in as many AR's and like them a LOT.They are very adjustable, you can pretty much get them to feel the way you like.That, however, may be the only negative I can say.....they are more finicky and time consuming to set up than a JP( of which I have 2).Of course, they are a little lower priced then a JP too.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top