Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2012 11:12:49 AM EDT
Hey everybody.  I recently installed a new 20 inch FN barrel on a new Cmmg upper. When I took it to the range it would not feed the rounds. The bolt just smashed the tip of the bullet into the space where the barrel sits in the reciever. It seems like the rounds dont angle up enough. I tried different mags and another lower with all the same results. It is just this upper that I have a problem with. Did I put something together wrong?
I appreciate any input.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#1]
M4 feedramped receiver with a rifle feedramped barrel?

Joe
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok. Thanks for that. U guys are right I have an M4 upper with the rifle feed ramps. Guess I need to get another barrel, another upper, and if I do that I might as well get another lower...... Lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok. Thanks for that. U guys are right I have an M4 upper with the rifle feed ramps. Guess I need to get another barrel, another upper, and if I do that I might as well get another lower...... Lol

I like the way you think, Sir.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Dremel
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dremel

Put the dremel down and step away slowly...  

You could use a round file or needle file to create m4 feedramps in your extension but I think a wiser decision would be to get an upper receiver without feedramps.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Another option, you could send the upper and barrel to ADCO and they'll open up the feed ramps to match that of the receiver... although with much patience and some files you can do the exact same thing they do, but for free.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top