Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 3:18:26 PM EDT
I was just wondering what the typical prices for Rock River rifles and their parts run in comparison to say Olympic Arms and Eagles Arms? I believe that Rock River is at least roughly the same price if not a little cheaper than the two I mention. Is this correct? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never priced out Eagle. I looked briefly at oly, and the best price I could find for their 'Plinker', a bottom of the line AR, was around $550. I found Rock River rifles in several configurations for $650. Gladly spent the extra hundred to get what I wanted. RRA has a MUCH better rep than oly.

What configuration are you looking for?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA is definatley up there with the big boys
oly is fair at best
the plinker is CRAP

you can not go wrong with a RRA
+ i believe the carry life time warrenties? dont hold me to that but im pretty sure

MadMan
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I just paid $670 for a 16" bbl A2. Also, I read that RRA currently supplies the DEA. You don't see Feds packing Oly Plinkers, do ya? -J
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Its actually for my nephew. He is looking to build a couple of AR's as soon as AWB expires. I'm trying to convince him to go with RRA over Olympic or something like that. I know Olympic is only rated as fair. Personally I am a Bushmaster man. I understand though that RRA is just as good at a better price.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had an Oly and I now have an M4 with a RRA upper and, well, everything but the lower receiver is RRA and I have NO complaints about it at all. I did not care for my Oly that much when I had it. I also had a Bushy and I would say that the quality in Bushy and RRA are great but RRA has a better finish to it. I would spend the extra money and go with the RRA over the Oly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm considering a Rock river entry tactical....it says its 223/5.56...so is it the 223 Wylde that that the other RRA are or are these 5.56 that can use 223? Some clarification here would be helpful.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Just to add that factory RRA rifles come with a NM two-stage trigger while many other rifles do not.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top