Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 4:44:33 AM EDT
Seems there has been alot of topics that include RRA and their lack of proper staking. Some have mentioned their RRA key was properly staked. Here's mine. It looks like they made an attempt to stake it, but it could be better. Anyone else have pics of their RRA BCGs so we can put this to rest?

Those who are wondering...the white stuff is TW25B

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean by "could be better?"  It looks to me that metal his been displaced from the key, and is contacting the knurling on the screw heads.  I was under the impression that this is all that is really needed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
OP your looks fine ... mine on the other hand does need a better stake.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OP your looks fine ... mine on the other hand does need a better stake.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/gatorhunt2201/rrabcg001.jpg?t=1283781969

That is weak.

OP all you need two points of metal-on-metal, the staking should not protrude to the left or right of the key into the charging handle channel nor above the top of the key.

I want to buy a pocket MOACKS.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is mine it looks pretty solid to me.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine is halfway between Firegardn77's and TRex's staking.  If the key's metal is  upset into the knurling on the screws enough that it flows into the knurling, that's more than enough.  If it distorts the screws, that's too much.  Frankly, I'd call the staking on TRex's key somewhere toward the "too much" end.  Not too much yet, but it's more than is needed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#6]
My bushmaster looks pretty good.... doesn't it?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Colt "C" marked carrier for comparison:

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is that a RRA carrier?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seems there has been alot of topics that include RRA and their lack of proper staking. Some have mentioned their RRA key was properly staked. Here's mine. It looks like they made an attempt to stake it, but it could be better. Anyone else have pics of their RRA BCGs so we can put this to rest?

Those who are wondering...the white stuff is TW25B

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/firegardn77/DSC07869.jpg

That looks better than most RRA carriers I've seen.  It's really a simple fix though, any monkey can do it themselves.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#10]
OP your staking looks better than most RRAs I've seen.

If we're going to make this a comparison thread....

YM, BCM, Stag, CMMG, DPMS

YM, BCM, Stag, CMMG, DPMS
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that a RRA carrier?

Yep, RRA Chrome plated.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks good to me. Mine have some where between that light and the too much. I've never had an issue with the ones I've had.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top