Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 12:00:19 PM EDT
Has anybody purchased this rifle in the civillian or LEO model.  I really like the barrel profile and would like to build one up.  

brian
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You can replicate the upper by using a LMT or RRA 16.1 inch upper with SureFire M73 handguards.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can replicate the upper by using a LMT or RRA 16.1 inch upper with SureFire M73 handguards.

Yeah but didn't the RRA DEA model's barrel for-go the M203 step-cuts?  I think it was light under the handguards but heavy out past the FSB.  All that IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Has anybody purchased this rifle in the civillian or LEO model.  I really like the barrel profile and would like to build one up.  

brian

The DEA/FBI model has a 14.25" barrel (according to SWAT magazine) so you might consider the SBR route to build a true replica.  I also like the looks of their barrel profile and might build one sans Surefire.  

14 1/4 inch, heavy profile, 1/9 twist, chrome-lined, A2 flash hider. and NATO spec'd bore and chamber.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
RRA DEA barrel is a gov't profile barrel as is the LMT 16 inch. I suggest the LMT because they have the correct profile and the 16 inch barrel make it easy for anyone to own.

Bushmaster have a 14.5 inch upper but it is heavy profile all the way through.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
RRA DEA barrel is a gov't profile barrel as is the LMT 16 inch. I suggest the LMT because they have the correct profile and the 16 inch barrel make it easy for anyone to own.

Bushmaster have a 14.5 inch upper but it is heavy profile all the way through.

www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/SS04/DEAM4-1.jpg

So, the DEA rifle is a gov't profile?  I guess SWAT got that wrong!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
called RRA and you can get a post ban civillian for 2200.00 dollars

another question for those who would know.  if i have a 14.5" upper, what must i do to legally have an SBR?

brian
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
called RRA and you can get a post ban civillian for 2200.00 dollars

another question for those who would know.  if i have a 14.5" upper, what must i do to legally have an SBR?

brian

Go to the M16 forum and the first tacked thread is "SBR FAQ".  It gives complete details.  

If you are serious about building the replica I would wait until after the AWB dies because the post-ban upper is likely to have a permanently attached brake that would be a pain to remove in September to mount the correct A2 flash hider.  From what I've read, going the SBR route might take about that long anyway.  Then if you present the tax stamp maybe RRA will sell you a barrel of the correct length althought their Gov't contract may prohibit them from selling the same barrel to civilians.  

Anyway, unless you have a pre-ban lower you won't be able to put the collapsible stock on it until 09/14/04 anyways.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Or you could use one of our uppers:
www.cavalryarms.com/uppers.html

Are those cast or forged FSBs? Also, does that price include bolt assy?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Where are you guys pulling this barrel profile info from? From the pages of SWAT, the RRA gov't contract rifles have a 14.5" Heavy barrel. It said nothing of a gov't profile or the stepdown. If your wanting to build a replica use a RRA BARREL! The rifle is a RRA NOT a LMT...lol...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top