Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:55:42 PM EDT
So I have a Leupold FX-II 4x33 scope that I'd like to use on my Mk12 Mod1-ish rifle, but I'm not sure which A.R.M.S. #22 rings to get.  I'd like to stick with this scope and I'd like to use the #22 rings w/ the A.R.M.S. 30mm-1 inch inserts since I'm trying to be authentic (other than the scope).

Seeing as the actual Mk12 Mod1 uses #22 HIGH rings but for significantly larger scopes, which would be most appropriate for the Leupold FX-II 4x33?  Medium?

I'll be using either a Matech rear BUIS or if I can find one - a Knights Armament Company 200-600m rear BUIS.

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, lets take a look at the numbers.

ARMS 22 H - 1.45

ARMS 22 M - 1.15

AD-Recon - 1.38

AD-Recon S - 1.38

Burris PEPR - ~1.4

Bobro POM - 1.575

You would use the medium rings, but I don't think it would be comfortable. It would be the same as height as an Aimpoint Low mount, which sits really close to the receiver. Most common scope rings are right in that 1.4-1.5 range which tends to be the most versatile height for most shooters and scopes  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top