Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2002 2:11:20 PM EDT
Hey all,

I have an RRA 16" flattop and currently have an EOtech mounted on it but have been toying with the idea of mounting a decent riflescope for general plinking.  What would you recommend in the way of scopes and methods of mounting that would allow fairly quick switching between the scope and the EOtech?  I'm not looking for the best scope on the market and would like to keep cost reasonable.

Thanks!

Drivie
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got just the scope...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=149086[/url]  [;)]

Seriously, though...you would be well served with any quality 4x or 6x.  Fixed power scopes are relatively inexpensive and the lower powers are great for plinking out to 200 yards or so.  I was busting rocks at 100 yards with ease last weekend with the above scope.

Bradd
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Since we are throwing in shameless plugs I have a Redfield Illuminator 3-9x42mm scope I will sell for $200 NIB.  I costs $420 on SWFA.com and its got excellent low light capability and is about the best bargain you will find for the money.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys,

Thanks for the plugs.  I'm not quite ready for a scope just yet or I'd take you up on those offers but I'm putting out the feelers now so that when I'm ready I can jump on one.  Looking to stay in the $200-$250 range if possible.

Drivie
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:17:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The best scope in that price range is the Weaver Grand Slam.  They go for $250 from [url]www.swfa.com[/url].  It is in the same quality range as some much more expensive scopes.

Other good scopes for the money are the Nikon Monarch and Bushnell Elite 4200, but they cost a little more.

A good mount would be the one-piece from Armalite for $89.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Weaver K8 8X40 AO one piece steal tube I'll sell for $100
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top