Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2008 9:30:07 AM EDT
My lovely wife bought me an AR accessory! A brand new in the wraps M10(?I think) black scabbard, and spanking new M7 General Cutlery bayonet. Cool stuff for sure.

It's a foregone conclusion that the bayonet won't work on my 16" DTI A2 carbine. The front sight base/bayonet lug being too far from the muzzle for the blade to protrude much.

Will plug right onto my Century C15 20"rifle, turning it into an ammo efficient pike!

Looks to me like the bayonet slides plenty far onto the 20" A2 rifle too.

It's been about 20 years since I stuck a bayonet on an M16 rifle, just how far down does the bayonet barrel ring set on the flash-hider while mounted?

My new bayonet sets on the Century's flash-hider pretty far back. The bayo ring stopping at the back of the hider about where the wrench flats are.

Wouldn't ask, but the Century has a mystery maker fat barrel, and no crush washer under the hider(Flash hider might be permanant?). The bayo lug/flash-hider spacing looks stock, but could be any dimension Century decided to screw the parts together to.

No big deal, just curious.

Thanx 17
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top