Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 10:01:49 PM EDT
Building my first A1 retro rifle and asking if anyone has opinions / experience on Bushmaster, Fulton Armory or Brownells A1 retro uppers?  Not sure which one to purchase.
I saw the Bushmaster A1 upper receiver has an elevation adjustment on it.  Any opinions on that?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the disease. It is a sickness that can't be cured. I know. I have bought five A1 uppers and one A1/C7 upper.

Does the Busmaster one that you are talking about have an A2 rear site adjustment? Also I'm not sure if Bushmaster made A1. They may have the A1/C7 upper. If so it has the shell deflector on it.

I have not bought the Fulton Armory one but a few guys have on here. I think they all like them.

The Brownells one seems to be the one to go with if you can't get an original one or one from Nodac Spud. A lot of A1's come up for sale on the EE here. But if you are looking to buy right away and buy a lower to go with it. I would go with Brownells or Nodac Spud. You can't go wrong with either.

What are you going to build? What model?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That would depend on what you're trying to build. The Bushmaster will be a C7 upper receiver (forward assist and brass deflector). The Fulton Armory will be a 604 upper receiver (no forward assist, no brass deflector). The Brownells will be a 603 M16A1 upper receiver (forward assist, no brass deflector).
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info....not sure which one I'm going to build.  I'm leaning toward a Bushmaster I saw at a gun show for $124.00.  I'm not going for complete historical accuracy.  Just something to take to the range.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks...I have a lot to learn!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:12:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to add a somewhat side topic...
Where are you guys getting the parts for the stripped receivers. I can't locate a kit for one to save my life. When I built my nds upper I used parts from a colt kit I had but came with a useless upper. Now I'm at a stand still.

Back on topic I'm ordering a brownells. If nds had anything to do with it, it's a winner. I only wish it was xm gray instead of black.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top