Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 10:01:49 PM EDT
Building my first A1 retro rifle and asking if anyone has opinions / experience on Bushmaster, Fulton Armory or Brownells A1 retro uppers?  Not sure which one to purchase.
I saw the Bushmaster A1 upper receiver has an elevation adjustment on it.  Any opinions on that?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:12:37 PM EDT
Welcome to the disease. It is a sickness that can't be cured. I know. I have bought five A1 uppers and one A1/C7 upper.

Does the Busmaster one that you are talking about have an A2 rear site adjustment? Also I'm not sure if Bushmaster made A1. They may have the A1/C7 upper. If so it has the shell deflector on it.

I have not bought the Fulton Armory one but a few guys have on here. I think they all like them.

The Brownells one seems to be the one to go with if you can't get an original one or one from Nodac Spud. A lot of A1's come up for sale on the EE here. But if you are looking to buy right away and buy a lower to go with it. I would go with Brownells or Nodac Spud. You can't go wrong with either.

What are you going to build? What model?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:14:13 PM EDT
That would depend on what you're trying to build. The Bushmaster will be a C7 upper receiver (forward assist and brass deflector). The Fulton Armory will be a 604 upper receiver (no forward assist, no brass deflector). The Brownells will be a 603 M16A1 upper receiver (forward assist, no brass deflector).
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:58:15 PM EDT
Thanks for the info....not sure which one I'm going to build.  I'm leaning toward a Bushmaster I saw at a gun show for $124.00.  I'm not going for complete historical accuracy.  Just something to take to the range.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:01:14 PM EDT
Thanks...I have a lot to learn!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:12:23 AM EDT
Sorry to add a somewhat side topic...
Where are you guys getting the parts for the stripped receivers. I can't locate a kit for one to save my life. When I built my nds upper I used parts from a colt kit I had but came with a useless upper. Now I'm at a stand still.

Back on topic I'm ordering a brownells. If nds had anything to do with it, it's a winner. I only wish it was xm gray instead of black.
Top Top