Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:08:56 AM EDT
I got a Colt XM16 upper (from SARCO) a few months ago.

Its currently sitting on top of a stag lower.... which is flat black, not that grey-ish color of the upper.

Whats the best route to get a matching lower?  Refinish the lower?  By who?  What color do I ask for?

Does anyone sell a grayish lower that I can bolt on?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Refinish it with Norrells Colt gray (grayish black).  The below pic shows the color.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW that looks great.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a pic of a recent refinish using Norrell's Colt grey/black.  It looks a little blue in the pics, but that is because of my terrible camera skills!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#4]
here's mine

waiting for warmer weather to actually get started.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Upper, lower, charging handle, slip ring in Norrell's Grayish-Black Semi-Gloss:

Have been matching up my stuff with Norrell's for several years.   Have had bad experience with having parts reanodized, because the parts had been heavily blasted, which makes them smaller, and fit sloppy.  Recently been sending receivers to Victor to anodizing for me. Having good luck, am about to send some more stuff off to him.  Victor will also do the Solid Film Lubricant (SFL) on the inside of the upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top