Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2008 9:58:17 PM EDT
I picked up some preban Colt mags and some were in polybags shown here:

Never seen them packaged like this before.  The piece of paper is marked:

MAGAZINE
FOR
RIFLE M16A1
1 EACH

Any idea if Colt released them like this or is this someone who repackaged them?  I was thinking maybe this is how they came with SP1s or something.

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
There aren't enough markings on the package to make .gov happy.

From the beginning they were labeled pretty well with mfr, contract date, mfg date, exc.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a re-pack job. The mags are probably just as perfectly brand newly servicible as NOS. Nothing wrong with that. The re-pack is just a way to justify charging an extra dollar or so per mag. What is the marking on the straight 20 rd mag?
ETA: Like ranchhand said, not enough info on the bag or the tag for USGI packaging.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you post a pic of the floorplate (or just quote what it says + graphics)???
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
30 rounders:
COLT AR-15
CAL 5.56 MM
COLT'S FIREARM DIVISION
COLT INDUSTRIES
HARTFORD, CONN U.S.A.

20 rounder:
COLT AR-15
CAL 5.56 MM
COLT'S PT F.A. MFG. CO INC.
HARTFORD, CONN U.S.A.

I knew that it wasn't enough info for the NSN, just wondering if they were ever packed like this for commercial sales, but if it was, it shouldn't have been marked M16A1.

Strange someone would go to the trouble of doing this.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top