Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/28/2003 6:09:07 PM EST
Today I went to pick up my Mega lowers from my ffl dealer. He told me he had to do the paperwork as if they were handguns and if I got two or more within 5 days he had to fax all my info to the FBI. That was not a big deal for me as I just picked on up today and will have my brother pick his up tomorrow. I had to fill out the second piece of paper but again not a big deal plus being he only charged me $5 for doing the transfer I am a happy camper. But is this standard procedure?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:18:03 PM EST
Multiple firearms disposition paper, required for multiple firearm purchase..... I know it is for handgun, but--- may include shotgun and rifle, I'm not sure. You can find the info in the ATF rules. [url]www.atf.treas.gov[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:19:22 PM EST
yipper, nuttin out of the ordinary IMO. gotta watch, here in FLORIDA, ya are only allowed to buy/sell 5 guns a year without being FFL holder, i think
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:41:07 PM EST
That's just stupid. Especially since it will be almost impossible for you to legally make one into a handgun.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:17:26 AM EST
The snitch sheet is for multiple handgun purchases only and has nothing to do with long guns. AR lowers are a long gun all the same as a Reminton 700 unbarreled action not in a stock would be a long gun. There is either some state law that says they must be handled as a handgun on the state level or they are AR handgun lowers or the dealer is misinformed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:34:54 AM EST
It might be on the state level. I don't know. Like I said it did not bother me. I see guys on here ordering 5 at a time and just wondered.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:58:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/29/2003 3:06:33 PM EST by RenegadeX]
Were the lowers fully stripped, or did they have a stock on them? If they had a stock, they are long guns and should have been transferred as such. If they transferred as pistols, you have to build them out as pistols not long guns, as putting a stock on a pistol creates an NFA weapon. If you want to make these thing into long guns, you better get things straightened out with the FFL. Also, the form is 3310.4, and it is sent to the ATF and the local police, not the FBI.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:06:29 PM EST
O.k. I went back tonight and had my brother get the other lower. He regestered them as AR lowers not handguns. He said he just had to do the paper work the same as if it was a handgun. I had to do two papers instead of just the yellow sheet.
Top Top