Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:42:11 PM EDT
I recently aquired a Bushmaster AR with a SIR M. On the SIR M is an AIMPOINT COMP M. My back up iron sight system (BUIS) consist of an A.R.M.S #40 rear sight and a GG&G flip up front sight.

What type of optics/sights are used in conjuction with the AIMPOINT sights?

What would be a good compliment to the Aimpoint?

Is the Aimpoint Comp M worth holding onto or should I replace it with a more current model?

I haven't used the BUIS yet. I have seen favorable posts about the ARMS #40 but little on front sights. Is the front sight good?

I have been out of the AR-15 realm for almost 3 years and just not sure how to proceed with this. I am baffled at the selection of accessories available.

I would like to shoot in 3 gun matches in the future so I would like to equip the weapon with that in mind.

Any of your opinions would be welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,

Brent
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The Comp M is the most up to date model of Aimpoint. Keep it.

I hear good things about the GGG front sight, especially the new model with a locking feature.

For three gun I reccomend a muzzle break and a good tactical vest. Your reloads will need to be fast, and the Comp M will put you in open class anyway, so you might as well get the break.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Capt Jack,

The Aimpoint Comp M is no longer in production according to Aimpoints website. I had to find it under "Discontinued" on their site so I could print the owners manual.

I have a Y Comp muzzle brake currently on the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, my memory was that it is current. If its the model with the 10,000 hour battery life, keep it.

Oh yeah, you should get a forward grip too, to pull it to your shoulder and make your splits faster.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The M2 is the most current Aimpoint, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

i dunno the battery life on the Comp M, but if it's decent, you might as well keep it. Doubt you'd get enough for it to make selling worthwhile.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a recent post on here asking some Comp M questions.  You might want to read some of the responses.  
Here's the link [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=158650[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Comp M is the most up to date model of Aimpoint.
View Quote

The Comp M and ML are the previous models of Aimpoints.

The current, latest models have the "2" suffix, as in M[u]2[/u] and ML[u]2[/u].

Chris
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Comp M is the most up to date model of Aimpoint.
View Quote

The Comp M and ML are the previous models of Aimpoints.

The current, latest models have the "2" suffix, as in M[u]2[/u] and ML[u]2[/u].

Oops, thanks guys. My brain took a dump on me there. I'm going to order some stuff tonight, and that would be an embarrassing mistake.

Chris
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top