Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:53:35 PM EDT
I currently have several different optics that I would like to be able to exchange on one AR.  One is a Super Sniper scope on an Armalite one piece base.  The other is a Trijicon ACOG.  Right now the Trijicon just has the standard flat top adapter with the two thumb screws, but I want to get a Larue or A.R.M.S. mount with throw levers so that it is easier to get on and off.  

I believe that one of the big benefits of the throw lever mounts is that it allows you to take the optic on and off and be able to repeat the zero as long as you mount it on the same spot on the flattop.  Is this indeed true?  If not, how big of a difference is there in the zero?

Is there this sort of repeatability in the Armatlite mount or does the presence of the thumb screws make it too difficult to make sure that there is the same amount of force each time you put the mount back on?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
with a good throw lever mount it has it would offer repeatable zero and i have never had a problem with zero when removing my optics since i do that each time i clean them. all of my optics are mounted in larue tatical mounts.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top