Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 3:08:13 PM EDT

I want to import a AR15 with a 14.5 inch barrel but due too the US minimal barrel length law of 16 inch I can only import a AR15 with a welded flash hider.

I want a 14,5 inch barrel so is it possible to remove the longer flash hider and replace it with a stand A2 flash hider?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:17:58 PM EDT
Do that, and you are just begging to gamble with felony charges...

You must have a "perm attached" phantom or vortex style flash suppressor to make a 14.5 legal.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:27:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 3:28:48 PM EDT by Semafoor]
Haha that why I said a wanted to import a AR15 because I life in Europe. We have no minimal barrel length.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:54:27 PM EDT
I ask this because if I could remove the longer flash hider and replace it with a A2 flash hider to make it a original M4 I would import the Colt LE6921. If you can not remove it I would import the Colt LE6920.

So it is legal to do for me. And I can not remove the flash hider I would have the 16 inch barrel cut to 14.5. But a LE6921 it for me the most like a M4 not an altered LE6920.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:29:02 AM EDT
Hot coffee.  Heads up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:16:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 3:17:18 AM EDT by Darkest2000]
yes you can.  Do a search around the forum or internet.

Better yet, why don't you just buy a SBR upper that doesn't have the FS permanently fixed.  Bushmaster sells them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:06:51 AM EDT
Semafoor: A bit confusing 'cause you have USA under your nick.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:37:48 AM EDT
one word, DREMEL...
Top Top