Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/22/2016 12:28:57 AM EDT
Do any of you have hands-on experience with the Remington Defense R4 carbine? It's Remington's version of the standard M4 (semi auto), and it was announced last SHOT that some of Remington's rifles would be available to the civilian market.

Well, I stumbled upon what seems to be a reasonable deal on one considering the cost of its' competitors, namely the Colt 6920 and the FNH FN-15. I don't think any threads have been started about this rifle, and I'm not sure it has seen any wide distribution. Any info would be much appreciated. I may just buy it and start an info thread with photos.

ETA: Post 6000.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen one in the wild.  None of the big vendors I checked had them even listed as available for sale.  As far as I know, they were releasing the "enhanced carbine" for around 2k and the piston version for 3k, but other than blog posts from last summer, not a peep as far as I've seen.

IMO Remington has been "iffy" for the last several years.  Not sure if the Remington Defense is same building production or not, but YMMV.

In for other answers though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Here are some photos of lower and markings.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:23:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never seen one in the wild.  None of the big vendors I checked had them even listed as available for sale.  As far as I know, they were releasing the "enhanced carbine" for around 2k and the piston version for 3k, but other than blog posts from last summer, not a peep as far as I've seen.

IMO Remington has been "iffy" for the last several years.  Not sure if the Remington Defense is same building production or not, but YMMV.

In for other answers though.
View Quote

According to this article at TFB, it sounds like they've discontinued the RGP model as well as their ACR.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/21/shot-2016-whats-not-remington/
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top