Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 1:52:31 PM EDT
I am thinking about putting a red dot scope on my M4gery in front of the carry handle mounted on the top of the hand guard. Since I am a noob at this, just wanted some advice on if this is a good solution and what kind of red dot to go for. I am assuming you line the red dot up with the front site and zero it in?? Anyway, any and all advice would be helpful. Thanks!

E
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Mounting an optic on the handguard in not a good idea, unless the handguard is free floating.  You may not notice the movement, but it will move and not be as accurate.  If you have an A2 I highly recommend the ARMS #39A2 mount.  I have one on my bushy and it is rock solid.  I have never had any problems with it at all.  If you have absolute cowittness, dot on the top of the sight post, you can get very close with the dot by adjusting it to your sights.  You will still need to fine tune it a bit, but it will be very close.

Here is a pic of my Bushy with my CompM

Sarge

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top