Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 5:19:08 AM EDT
Here's what I've got:

15 New BMI Teflon 30's with the green followers.

10 Older Colt 30's with black plastic followers.

I'm going the refinish the Colts and replace the internals.  I was going to use the new Magpul Enhanced Followers and possibly Wolf Silicon springs.

Question:

What can I do to make the BMI teflon 30's better?  Should I just put the new Magpul followers in the BMI's and take the green followers and use them in the older Colts w/ new springs?  I ask this due to the fact the budget only allows for the purchase of 12 - 15 Magpul Followers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would put the MagPuls in the best mag bodies, test them a few times at the range to assure function, and make those your "real use" mags.

-Troy

DOH!  I feel like Homie Simpson.
That makes perfect sense...I must have been a little goofy after painting a few older mags.

Troy do you know what kind of springs come in the BMI 30's?

BTW, here's a pic. of my "Colt 30's Refinishing Project", when I get done with the 20's.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top