Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2014 7:04:35 PM EDT
So this guy is trying to trade me a supposedly real PEQ 15 black but I cant tell if its authentic

here are some pics

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no idea.

But it looks like your left foot is attached to your right leg.

Backstory?

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like stolen govt property.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If no papers, get the serial number and contact L3.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
It's real. If you're going to buy it, make sure the IR functions work. If you don't have NOD's or nightvision, you can use the camera on your cellphone. Set it to "DL", go into a very dark room and from a foot or two away aim the laser at a bright wall or white piece of paper. Activate the laser. If you hold up the cellphone to view that area, you should see the reflection of two spots on the screen of your cell phone, they'll probably be purplish in color. If you have the right hex wrench you could also remove the safety screw to check the high power modes. Set it to "DH" and make sure the spots are brighter. Just make sure to stand back from the wall a little bit further, don't aim it into a mirror, and whatever you do, don't look into the thing, especially if it is on high power.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#6]
It's definitely real.  Serial number looks like it has been sanded out.  Do you have a military base near you?  I do, and I have a special talent for ID'ing stolen government property being sold by soldiers based solely on how they take pictures of the items; they're always in their socks standing over the W/D.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
these are not my pictures, these are pics that the seller sent me
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
these are not my pictures, these are pics that the seller sent me
View Quote

Looks real to me. The fake ones aren't made from the same polymer bodies and it's obvious.
Switch port looks good.

Decent buy. Best advise you'll get on here is tin foil Agent Wu debachery. Note above.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Serial number has been removed.

I would be very weary due to that fact alone.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't go near that thing with its serial number removed, they don't do that for privacy reasons

Get an ATPIAL-C from TNVC.  I've always found the ATPIAL's IR on high setting to be too powerful, since I don't need to be designating targets from miles away, and it blooms in my NOD in the distances I use it in.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So this guy is trying to trade me a supposedly real PEQ 15 black but I cant tell if its authentic

View Quote

What does his race have to do with it?

And that shit is hotter than shit. Stay away
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I think he's talking about the black ATPIAL, not the guy being black lol.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I meant the color of the PEQ 15
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wouldn't go near that thing with its serial number removed, they don't do that for privacy reasons

Get an ATPIAL-C from TNVC.  I've always found the ATPIAL's IR on high setting to be too powerful, since I don't need to be designating targets from miles away, and it blooms in my NOD in the distances I use it in.

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/ATPIAL-C_zpsc7d237f8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/ATPIAL-C_zpsc7d237f8.jpg</a>
View Quote

Is it bad if the serial number is removed? Would I get into legal trouble for that?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Is it bad if the serial number is removed? Would I get into legal trouble for that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/ATPIAL-C_zpsc7d237f8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/ATPIAL-C_zpsc7d237f8.jpg</a>

Let's think this thru logically. Why would someone remove a serial number from a device that they are trying to sell if there wasn't a reason to? Are you willing to take the chance of getting into trouble for a laser? There's a reason they aren't allowed to be sold here.

You asked and you've been told that it is most likely stolen govt property. What you do from here is your call. If you ever get it taken away or involved with the law because of it, then that's on you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#17]
In addition to the possibility you might be contacted by the branch's law enforcement and have it confiscated because it was stolen property, never mind YOU didn't steal it, you would be also encouraging and rewarding theft.

No matter how attractive the price may be, it means nothing if it gets taken away from you.  I wouldn't take it if it were free.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#18]
+1 for stolen...
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
+1 for stolen...
View Quote

Unusual first post is unusual.

Wu out---
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serial number has been sanded off.

It also doesn't look like a standard PEQ-15.  The safety lockout screw storage position is where the LA-5 position normally is on the top (it doesn't have two though), not on the side.

Maybe an older model?

Either way, run as far from this thing as you can.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Basically, just ignore everyone's advise on avoiding it. Buy it, put it on your gun and post pics in the IR weapon mounted thread. Consume jealousy tears. Sweet sweet jealousy tears.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Might be an older model, mine looks a little different (this one is an ATPIAL, not ATPIAL-C).  Its SN is very much there

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#24]
It's real, but it's a very early unit and will have a low S/N (under 50k). It probably works just fine, and if it's a good deal then so be it. If it has a S/N that begins "0018xxx" then I know it's provenance, and it's not stolen. There are reasons for obscuring the S/N in images posted to the Interwebs, and it's not necessarily stolen. There are legitimate ways these wind up in the wild, much to the chagrin of L3 and Agent Wu.

Ask the seller if the S/N approximates the aforementioned number. If so, you're GTG.

Nothing like a full-power illuminator.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#25]
There are laws such as "Theft by recieving stolen property"

Serial number being removed, is going to be a good notch not in your favor.

Keep that in mind, sir.

With that being said, I have no idea if it's real or not.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:31:08 AM EDT
[#26]
It looks real to me, very high chance of it being stolen government property.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top