Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#1]
real steel
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#2]
never thought about using the bipod as VFG.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of stock does the guy on the 9th and 10th pic (left) have?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
What's with those thick, black, rectangle mustaches?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#6]
What kinda optic is that? an eoflex?!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]
interesting how some pictures have the black over the guys eyes, and on other pics the "soldiers" have their mouths blacked out.    I bet a photoshop would reveal their entire face!

eta based on their haircuts...i'd say airsoft + photoshopping things like humvees and building with bullet holes
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Im thinking the haircuts are a give away to being FAKES.  Dude has gel and shit in his hair like he is modeling or something.  LMAO.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think an self-respecting military unit would associate themselves with The Transporter.

and is that a charging dimple on the front of this mag?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Holy High Tech Mall Ninja
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#11]
What's that CABLE wrapped around his right arm?  

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Assuming the picture is relatively recent, it is photoshopped.  Since CENTCOM gave the word like two friggin years ago that EVERYONE DoD in-country in the 'Stan had to adhere to AR670-1 grooming standards, the beards would be a no-go.  I don;t think they ever had relaxed grooming standards in Iraq.  

So, for all you kids who want to be SF cause you get to wear long hair and facial hair, keep that in mind.  It ain;t how you dress, it's how you do the job.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#13]
They are real!  
ODA stands for Operational Detachment A (an A "team" instead of a "B' or "C"which are higher control groups -- sorta')  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#14]
something fishy here though
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
img211.imageshack.us/img211/7937/29780484la5an.jpg

Handle many 20 rounders?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Handle many 20 rounders?

A couple. Mine have some circular dent shapes lining the front - none that pronounced though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#17]
damn i thought it was reall. Just the background, weapons and age made me belive it. All have those gasblocked front sights as well. i think its reall but im probably wrong.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Assuming the picture is relatively recent, it is photoshopped.  Since CENTCOM gave the word like two friggin years ago that EVERYONE DoD in-country in the 'Stan had to adhere to AR670-1 grooming standards, the beards would be a no-go.  I don;t think they ever had relaxed grooming standards in Iraq.  

So, for all you kids who want to be SF cause you get to wear long hair and facial hair, keep that in mind.  It ain;t how you dress, it's how you do the job.

Did you spend any time in-country? If not, STFU.

The SF guys in Kandahar, Afghanistan last summer while I was there were doing a pretty good job of ignoring the order you refer to.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like the hole on the front to me, not a dimple

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#20]
bah - i can tell you they are fakes.
heres how - look at the weapons, boots, and clothes.
all fucking cherry.
fakes for sure.
as i gaze at the airsoft atlanta banner, silently mocking me - damn you.

eta: the arabic on the one guys shoulder patch reads "infidel"
there's your dead giveaway they aren't SF.
SF is there to make nice nice with the locals, not inflame them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Barstow Senior Airsoft Team, B-SAT for short.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#22]
The mag pouches on their vests is a dead giveaway. If I had a bunch of loaded mags in those things, they would sag down to my knees.

The SPR has an old Vietnam M16 style grip.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5047/29780475la0us.jpg

Never seen SF use the sight on the M4 second from the right. The guy with the knee pads must have used it painting his house last week.
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1050/29780561la4xa.jpg

What kind of RAS system is that? (guy on the far right) I've never seen anything but KAC or SIR from the military.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2808/29780487la1se.jpg
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#23]
hmmmm
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#24]
these pictures where confirmed to be real by many people that are soldiers and know those who are in the pictures.

hell for all i know these guys could have been playing dress up and this was intended to be funny, but the men and the pics are real.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The SF guys in Kandahar, Afghanistan last summer while I was there were doing a pretty good job of ignoring the order you refer to.

Agreed, they're real. I don't think to many of the guys here have been out of their own state much less down range, lol.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Everything looks brand new.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#27]
"Im thinking the haircuts are a give away to being FAKES. Dude has gel and shit in his hair like he is modeling or something. LMAO."

Special Forces don't usually have military haircuts and shaves, would be a "dead" giveaway.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Just a guess but maybe the team just got in-country. The scenary is dead on even if you don't buy into the clean cut appearance. For those of you who don't have a clue about anything that goes on down range other then what you read on here we had H2's and Range Rovers at BIAP (Baghdad International), most who haven't been there wouldn't think that and would call fake if they saw one in a pic. Just cause these guys aren't filthy doesn't mean they're not legit. Most of the Triple Canopy/Blackwater cats looked clean and proffesional as well. I would hope you guys wouldn't scream airsoft on them just because they weren't covered in mud/sand.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmmmm.....

OK, they're just squeeky clean fresh out of the box.

You know, as opposed to this:

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/mstn/IMG_1052.jpg
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
"Im thinking the haircuts are a give away to being FAKES. Dude has gel and shit in his hair like he is modeling or something. LMAO."

Special Forces don't usually have military haircuts and shaves, would be a "dead" giveaway.

So just how many SF guys do you know?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Doesn't look like gel to me......Hell, I'd be sweatin that much if I was over there and humpin' all that shit around.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Handle many 20 rounders?

I here that the 77grain ammo feeds better from the 20s, Can someone out there confirm!! or deny!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a guess but maybe the team just got in-country. The scenary is dead on even if you don't buy into the clean cut appearance. For those of you who don't have a clue about anything that goes on down range other then what you read on here we had H2's and Range Rovers at BIAP (Baghdad International), most who haven't been there wouldn't think that and would call fake if they saw one in a pic. Just cause these guys aren't filthy doesn't mean they're not legit. Most of the Triple Canopy/Blackwater cats looked clean and proffesional as well. I would hope you guys wouldn't scream airsoft on them just because they weren't covered in mud/sand.

The scenery also looks like this little town on I-10 between Phoenix and Los Angeles with a bunch of dead palm tress out front.

Not saying your wrong.

I would have no clue how to judge if they are real or not.  But the ones at the range with the Toyotas, I have seen lots of pictures of that range from different sources.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm gonna have to call Airsoft on this one because of their logo. Even if other stuff might make them look false/true. (I don't know either way, I've never been to Iraq/Afghanistan or seen SF guys in real life before)

ETA: Some of the guys in that thread even say they are airsoft.
ETA Again: Now I'm positive they are Airsoft, why the hell would real SF guys pose for all these pictures?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#35]
How GAY is it to dress up and pretent to be Spec Ops, then POST the friggin pics?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The scenery also looks like this little town on I-10 between Phoenix and Los Angeles with a bunch of dead palm tress out front.

Not saying your wrong.

I would have no clue how to judge if they are real or not.  But the ones at the range with the Toyotas, I have seen lots of pictures of that range from different sources.

Those pictures were taken down range. If you had ever been there then you would key in on some of the  stuff that confirms it. The wall in this pic looks just like the perimeter wall at BIAP

Also, we had these barriers EVERYWHERE at BIAP and Ballad

Here's another verifier, this pic was taken at an Iraqi palace Bath/Pool house

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How GAY is it to dress up and pretent to be Spec Ops, then POST the friggin pics?  

I'll tell you what's gay, armchair commandoes calling airsoft, lmao.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not saying your wrong.

Those pictures were taken down range. If you had ever been there then you would key in on some of the  stuff that confirms it. The wall in this pic looks just like the perimeter wall at BIAP

img211.imageshack.us/img211/5047/29780475la0us.jpg

Also, we had these barriers EVERYWHERE at BIAP and Ballad

img211.imageshack.us/img211/1469/29780528la7dd.jpg

img288.imageshack.us/img288/8/29780634la3zi.jpg

Easy tiger I wasnt doubting you.  I just said that picture honestly looks like the desert between Az and Ca.  The scenery is very similar to Twenty Nine Palms.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Easy tiger I wasnt doubting you.  I just said that picture honestly looks like the desert between Az and Ca.  The scenery is very similar to Twenty Nine Palms.

no sweat if you do, just trying to enlighten a few of you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#40]

If they're standing in a palace or something, wouldn't they be somewhat dirty or dusty assuming that they fought to take the palace. Most pictures I've seen of troops in taken palaces are tired and dirty from battle. These guys look like they just left the local dry cleaner. AIRSOFT!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

If they're standing in a palace or something, wouldn't they be somewhat dirty or dusty assuming that they fought to take the palace. Most pictures I've seen of troops in taken palaces are tired and dirty from battle. These guys look like they just left the local dry cleaner.

bro we "took" all the palaces when we first came in. Would you like to see some clean pics of me in palaces, I didn't have to shoot my way in

ETA: BUT, if you're not careful you can trip on the rubble and shitty steps and get dusty so you must be very cautious
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I thought vehicles in Iraq were right hand drive? I don't know if they're real or not though. I hope they are as it would be pretty lame to be doing that kind of stuff at that age. Also, do SF's really carry glow sticks in that manner? The one guy also has shotgun shells in a pouch on his chest, but no shotgun is seen. In that same picture, a guy is wearing a backwards black flag.

I honestly don't know much about SF, but those are just some things I noticed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#43]
a) those are real clean weapons, but could be new.

b) WOW that's some sweet NV gear!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I thought vehicles in Iraq were right hand drive?

Why would they be?

Plenty of palm trees in Iraq as well, I took this pic above BIAP.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Man....an airsoft helo and M134....now you've gone too far
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Barriers look familiar?

Here's a pic of Uday's (spelling?) "captain caveman" guest house. Had an elevator in it also. Wasn't complete yet when we came in.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I thought vehicles in Iraq were right hand drive? I don't know if they're real or not though. I hope they are as it would be pretty lame to be doing that kind of stuff at that age. Also, do SF's really carry glow sticks in that manner? The one guy also has shotgun shells in a pouch on his chest, but no shotgun is seen. In that same picture, a guy is wearing a backwards black flag.

You're noticing nothing out of place.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#48]
lol, here's a pic of our mail plane (DHL) coming in hot after taking a SA-7 (surface to air missile) the little shitheads loved sending these up at our birds.

The pilot was pretty shook up after exiting. Was pretty wild watching it come in burning and crash land right in front me

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The mag pouches on their vests is a dead giveaway. If I had a bunch of loaded mags in those things, they would sag down to my knees.

Have you ever worn LBE?

The SPR has an old Vietnam M16 style grip.

img211.imageshack.us/img211/5047/29780475la0us.jpg

That's because the SPRs were built on M16A1 lowers.

Never seen SF use the sight on the M4 second from the right. The guy with the knee pads must have used it painting his house last week.
img291.imageshack.us/img291/1050/29780561la4xa.jpg

What kind of RAS system is that? (guy on the far right) I've never seen anything but KAC or SIR from the military.
img211.imageshack.us/img211/2808/29780487la1se.jpg

It's PRI.

Here's a hint, the SPR uses a PRI rail system. Why don't you go ask Adco about that one? I'm sure they can tell you.

Their gear looks clean and new because they probably JUST GOT THERE when they took the pics.

How many airsofters carry chemlights? How about earplugs?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Well I myself am sure those are real. They're probbaly fresh in country, give em a few weeks and they'll be as dirty as anyone else.

If you were in the military you would know there are alot of gear that are given that does not necessarily match one another. And an LBV of a certain layout doesn't necessary mean you MUST have that weapon loadout. And yes they do carry glowstick i nthat manner. It's used to mark positions so quick easy access is needed.

As for the "backward black flag"

If you were in the military you would know why it was black (subdued) and backward.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top