Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 3:57:30 PM EDT
Has anyone used these earplugs at the range or while hunting?
www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/453211
 http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/applications/mediasvr.dll/image?saleitemid=453211

If so, can you answer the following:

-How well can you hear ambient noise?
-How well does the baffle block out sound upon firing?
-How comfortable are they?
-Would you buy another pair?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#1]
They are issued to the military as the "combat arms ear plugs."  I have worn them for several years now, mostly with the dark side in and they work like standard plugs.  With the yellow side in they do soften the noise and keep allot of the damage from happening, but they will allow sound in.  After the first house raid/search in Iraq I started wearing one in my left ear with my PRR in my right, the first time I didn't wear them I lost much of the hearing in my left ear for about a day, after I started wearing them, the noise from firing my weapon in doors didn't cause me any problems.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I use them on entries and during training.  While they are not perfect they do work and they are very cheap compared to other alternatives. There is a lot of information on them[url=http://www.botachtactical.com/aearcomarear.html] here[/url].

I don’t think they are uncomfortable and yes I would definitely buy another pair if I had to.  We do some shooting drills with one guy kneeling and one guy standing over him firing bursts from our short barreled AR’s.  I keep the yellow side in and the green side out for this and for entries.  

Ray
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They are issued to the military as the "combat arms ear plugs."  I have worn them for several years now, mostly with the dark side in and they work like standard plugs.  With the yellow side in they do soften the noise and keep allot of the damage from happening, but they will allow sound in.  After the first house raid/search in Iraq I started wearing one in my left ear with my PRR in my right, the first time I didn't wear them I lost much of the hearing in my left ear for about a day, after I started wearing them, the noise from firing my weapon in doors didn't cause me any problems.
View Quote

What's a PRR (radio?)? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is the Personal Role Radio, also know as the improve intrasquad radio,  it is a the new improved squad radio with about a 500m range that has an ear piece that covers the right ear.  They are made by Marconi
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top