Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:14:00 PM EDT
Fed about 300 rounds through my brand new Bushy XM15 M4. Did the 25 meter battle sight thing on the pistol range, then moved over to the rifle side and put some paper out at 100yds. Qualified 3 types of ammo with no feed problems. Remington 55gr, S&B 55gr, Radway Green 855 circa 1992 all performed flawlessly. Two factory Bushmaster 30 round mags and two Okay Industries 30 rounders all worked perfect. Now all I have to do is work on my marksmanship :-) Those little ground hog varmint targets are tricky with iron sights!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was wondering if the factory 300meter battle zero setting was a practical setup.

A2 sights. Yes, as that’s how they are built to work.
One click up from 8/3 using small aperture sight in at target 25 meters away.
This way your click's & apertures will be set up correctly.

From your other post I am thinking you have a flat top.
If you get an aftermarket back up iron sight then you may want a different zero.

One important thing about Bushmasters iron sights.

The front sight (I am talking about the part that the Post screws into)  is .040" lower than an "F" marked (standard Mil Spec.) front sight. The A2 sight on the handle is also .040" lower so this works out OK and you would never have a problem.

If you get aftermarket rear iron sight thats for a "F" (most are) marked front sight then you may need to get a “taller” front sight post.

Did I hear you say "Huh?"
Don't worry about it just yet.

Glad to hear She runs fine.

Ripak
Be Safe Have Fun
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I just read here that a 200yard battle zero is more pratical. What say you?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, it's a 200 meter battle sight with the initial sighting in at 50 yards.  I like it and use it on all my iron sights.  It puts the rear elevation wheel to good use.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I meant 200 meters, however, does anyone alter the rear sight base height as stated in the article.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top