Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:36:03 PM EDT
This past Friday, I took one of my White Oak Armament uppers with a WOA SPR barrel.  I was shooting 69 and 77 grain reloads with IMR-4895.  At 300 yards, using NM sights, I was able to hit a 6” steel plate a bit better than 2 out of 3 shots...with bench and sandbag.  At 100 yards, using a 12X scope and the 77 grain bullets, I fired a seven shot group with a measurement of 0.410 inches.  These barrels are top shelf!  If (I should say WHEN) I build another rifle, I'll use this barrel, a flat top receiver, and M4 stock.  I am sold on these barrels: light weight, right length, and very accurate.  The barrel is stainless with a 1:7 twist.  I think it has a Wylde chamber.

Anyway, I am selling my DPMS dissy with Stag lower to fund another super accurate rifle.  Atlanta has a big gun show October 1 & 2; maybe I can sell it there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for giving a decent range report, instead of measuring your 3 best shots and call those a group.

Where did you pick up your WOA barrel?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#2]
A long time ago, I read that statically a 7 shot group gave the best accuracy indication of barrel/ammo.

I understand about the best 3-shot group; drives me nuts.  BTW, I shot a one hole group the other day.  I measured an incredible .224 inches.  Wow, this barrel can really shoot!  (hahaha)

I bought one WOA barrel from White Oak Armament for my son.  I bought the other WOA upper from another AR15.com member.  The one I bought for my son was too heavy for him to comfortably hold.  So, I disassembled it and added a Clark carbon fiber free float tube.  It shot just as good as when I put it together as when it arrived from WOA.  To me, that goes to show the high quality of the parts used by WOA.

Like I said, I am sold on these barrels.  

Edditted for spelin erors.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been at the range when people have fired a full mag slow fire off a bench, and measured the closest rounds in the center, and called it their group.  

PM sent.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top