Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:36:03 PM EDT
This past Friday, I took one of my White Oak Armament uppers with a WOA SPR barrel. I was shooting 69 and 77 grain reloads with IMR-4895. At 300 yards, using NM sights, I was able to hit a 6” steel plate a bit better than 2 out of 3 shots...with bench and sandbag. At 100 yards, using a 12X scope and the 77 grain bullets, I fired a seven shot group with a measurement of 0.410 inches. These barrels are top shelf! If (I should say WHEN) I build another rifle, I'll use this barrel, a flat top receiver, and M4 stock. I am sold on these barrels: light weight, right length, and very accurate. The barrel is stainless with a 1:7 twist. I think it has a Wylde chamber.

Anyway, I am selling my DPMS dissy with Stag lower to fund another super accurate rifle. Atlanta has a big gun show October 1 & 2; maybe I can sell it there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:28:26 AM EDT
Thanks for giving a decent range report, instead of measuring your 3 best shots and call those a group.

Where did you pick up your WOA barrel?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:45:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 7:47:52 AM EDT by AtlantaFireman]
A long time ago, I read that statically a 7 shot group gave the best accuracy indication of barrel/ammo.

I understand about the best 3-shot group; drives me nuts. BTW, I shot a one hole group the other day. I measured an incredible .224 inches. Wow, this barrel can really shoot! (hahaha)

I bought one WOA barrel from White Oak Armament for my son. I bought the other WOA upper from another AR15.com member. The one I bought for my son was too heavy for him to comfortably hold. So, I disassembled it and added a Clark carbon fiber free float tube. It shot just as good as when I put it together as when it arrived from WOA. To me, that goes to show the high quality of the parts used by WOA.

Like I said, I am sold on these barrels.

Edditted for spelin erors.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:16:01 PM EDT
I've been at the range when people have fired a full mag slow fire off a bench, and measured the closest rounds in the center, and called it their group.

PM sent.

Top Top