Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 4:46:28 PM EST
Howdy. I fired my new Bushy 16" at B & R Guns and range today in Havelock N.C. First time with it. The range is great and the people that work there are good people. Let me shoot my Beta C mag as fast as I could and shoot my new MAK-90 AK with a 100 round chinese drum as fast as I could. I couldnt really hit anything but it was cool to blast away with it! I now know the value of a decent optic on a rifle. I brought along a red star arms rubber scope that would keep zero but for 10 shots or so. I did manage to zero in the Bushy with iron sights and she shot like a champion! No malfunctions of any kind in 300 rounds. The Ak was sweet except for the drum magazine. It got jammed after 60 rounds or so. I think it had something to do with how many winds I gave it. One pull of the slide and it was good to go again. One guy let me shoot his weatherby rifle. Chambered in something like 30 ? something. It was an AR bullet with a HUGE case! Fun Fun Fun. I would recomend this range to anyone. They had pistol, rifle, and .22 plinking. The range operator let me shoot his .22 rifle. I now have to get a .22! The range operator works there part time when not working as a marine. The owner of the range is retired marines also. The guy who let me shoot his hunting rifle is retired army. I am active air force. All we needed was navy to seal the deal! Today was the most fun that I have had in a LONG time! Something that I have wanted since I was little. Time to buy more guns and more ammo. I just wish there was something a little bit closer to Goldsboro for outdoor rifle.

-Turk182
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:47:52 PM EST
Glad you had a good time. I can only shoot at an indoor range near Gastonia, NC. My 16" is just a great, great rifle. I've never shot better than with an AR. My AK won't take drums, but have had experience with one (used my friends). The drum had feeding issues and seemed to be poorly made. Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:37:15 PM EST
Must be nice, nice the nearest range to me makes you single load high power rifles and no rapid fire......needless to say i dont go there much.
Top Top