Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:22:03 AM EDT
In a 20" Stainless Bull Barrel Varmint configuration (ie, RRA A4 Varmint 20") is the RRA worth an extra $100 over the DPMS (not the "slick-side" one). Please explain why. Since I will be shooting predominately reloads I assume warranty will be voided either way so that is probably not an issue. This is pretty much what I've come down to as my choices.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:17:53 PM EDT
What?! No opinions?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:35:30 PM EDT
I don't know anything about the DPMS, but I have the 20" rra varmint. It is VERY accurate and I don't have any complaints so far!

Well, just that my interests are changing and looking to start another project.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:27:02 AM EDT
I can get the DPMS 20" upper for $112 less than the RRA. The DPMS is available now but the RRA is a 6-8 week wait. Is the RRA worth the extra $$$ and wait?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:04:59 AM EDT
I don't know anything about the dpms, but the RRA has a good 2 stage trigger and has been very accurate right out of the box. Extrememly accurate when I can keep up my end of the bargain. Check out the specs on each gun, then decide whether or not you think it's worth the extra $100.

I got mine from a local dealer that had them in stock. They always have a ton of Rock Rivers in stock. www.tuckergunllc.com/about_us.html Call them if you can't find one locally to you.

If you're interested in a slightly used one, you'd have to twist my arm pretty good, but i need to free up some funds for an sbr build.
Top Top