Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:22:03 AM EDT
In a 20" Stainless Bull Barrel Varmint configuration (ie, RRA A4 Varmint 20") is the RRA worth an extra $100 over the DPMS (not the "slick-side" one).  Please explain why.  Since I will be shooting predominately reloads I assume warranty will be voided either way so that is probably not an issue.  This is pretty much what I've come down to as my choices.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
What?!  No opinions?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know anything about the DPMS, but I have the 20"  rra varmint.  It is VERY accurate and I don't have any complaints so far!  

Well, just that my interests are changing and looking to start another project.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I can get the DPMS 20" upper for $112 less than the RRA.  The DPMS is available now but the RRA is a 6-8 week wait.  Is the RRA worth the extra $$$ and wait?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know anything about the dpms, but the RRA has a good 2 stage trigger and has been very accurate right out of the box.  Extrememly accurate when I can keep up my end of the bargain.  Check out the specs on each gun, then decide whether or not you think it's worth the extra $100.

I got mine from a local dealer that had them in stock.  They always have a ton of Rock Rivers in stock.  www.tuckergunllc.com/about_us.html  Call them if you can't find one locally to you.

If you're interested in a slightly used one, you'd have to twist my arm pretty good, but i need to free up some funds for an sbr build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top