Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 10:10:50 AM EDT
Without starting any flame wars, I am ready to go get a money order for either a RRA M4, or Stag M4. The pricing is comparable and they both look great. Which would you pick and why?

Iron Addict
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Both, because they're both great...make one a carbine, and one a target model.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Currently, I'm going to have to say RRA until I get my upper back from Stag and can say something positive about it other than their awesome customer service, and the perfect fit/finish with the Stag lower.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would go with Stag.  The barrel profile, chrome lining, and correct spec size buffer tube/ stock, along with the lower price make it the clearer winner in my book.  That being said, RRA make a nice weapon as well.

I concur, go with the Stag.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would go with Stag.  The barrel profile, chrome lining, and correct spec size buffer tube/ stock, along with the lower price make it the clearer winner in my book.  That being said, RRA make a nice weapon as well.

what he said.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Either will suit your needs just fine. I am still trying to get over my fear of the deer head though
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you are talking about complete rifles, it's hard to go wrong with either.  
I'm not a fan of the RRA 6 position stock.  If you are buying uppers/lowers separately; I'd go with STAG as you can get more for your money.

STAG uppers come with chrome lined barrels standard and are about $50-100 less than RRA in the same configuration.  RRA is heavy under the handguards and Stag is Gov't profile so that could factor into your decision making.

I would agree but my Stag Model 4 (20" A3) has an issue ejecting spent casings, my Bushmaster eats Wolf ammo, but I suspect cheap ammo may trouble a Stag. I wont know til I get my upper back from Stag so they can see if anything was wrong with it. Keep you all posted on it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you are talking about complete rifles, it's hard to go wrong with either.  
I'm not a fan of the RRA 6 position stock.  If you are buying uppers/lowers separately; I'd go with STAG as you can get more for your money.

STAG uppers come with chrome lined barrels standard and are about $50-100 less than RRA in the same configuration.  RRA is heavy under the handguards and Stag is Gov't profile so that could factor into your decision making.

I would agree but my Stag Model 4 (20" A3) has an issue ejecting spent casings, my Bushmaster eats Wolf ammo, but I suspect cheap ammo may trouble a Stag. I wont know til I get my upper back from Stag so they can see if anything was wrong with it. Keep you all posted on it.

Mine will eject the casings, but won't cycle another round, or will jam it like crazy.
Stag received it on Monday.  Hopefully I'll be getting it back soon.  Haven't heard from them yet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#10]
STAG nuff said.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top