Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:55:05 PM EDT
I was wondering if you can install a DD, LaRue or YHM Quad rail on a RRA varmint upper with the bull barrel.  

I cannot see why.  The FF tube that comes with the upper is the barrel nut, standard thread for all uppers.

I thought I read somewhere you cannot do this, but I just cannot see why.

Any comments?

77Bronc
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I did it with a YHM lightweight.  You have to mod the nut a little.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of little mod?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The RRA FFT should be a one piece tube,  meaning the tube itself has the threads in it.  All uppers have the same thread I think.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the threads are the same but the nut still won't fit over the RRA bull unless you bore it out a just a nut hair.  2 minutes with the rotary tool of your choice and polish or I think YHM will do it for you for a couple of bucks.  The nut is not threaded all the way on the instide.  I don't have a picture but  you will see when you get the tube.

It was REALLY easy.   (Aluminum is very soft)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top